Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BrockLtd
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook - May be SOLVED for most

[ Edited ]

Problem WILL BE SOLVED!

BlackBerry replied to my tweet to @BlackBerryHelp with the following message :

Thanks for asking! PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this year

This is directly from BlackBerry & the timing is uncertain but I'm going to live with it because I am absolutely loving everything else about the Z10. Woohoo! Thanks guys. I for one appreciate you listening, hearing & doing something for us.
Just as well, I'm having an awful time dumping the contacts from my desktop Outlook, to my Outlook.com account, & then on to the Z10. I had to split an export of almost 7000 contacts into 7 smaller CSV files for import, none of which will transfer because I've got some invalid characters here & there.
I hope I'm not duplicating this confirmation, I know others have said something similar but I hadn't seen anything about the source of the info. This source is BlackBerry's help account on Twitter.
Hope this helps alleviate some concerns for some folk so we can get back to enjoying our phones & moaning about the lack of a few apps & other important stuff!
PS - The Outlook.com sync works fine, it's just my messy data that was causing the problem.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

This has been posted (by me and others) already but thanks for the info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

XBetadogX wrote:

Any FOIP experts here? correct me if im wrong.... if we have some Canadian F.O.I.P. expert's. But is it not illegally by foip standards for a company to host personal information of an individual on a server that resides outside of Canada? without written consent? that would make all these work around technical illegal.

hello,

I am not a FOIP expert, but it surely did not take me more than 2 minutes to discover what FOIP is and especially the fact that the FOIP act only concerns public & government services of Canada.

Services that would certainly have ActiveSync capabilities, thus out of this topic here.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
XBetadogX
My Device: z10

fair enough thats why i asked

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mediabirdie
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook- Day 7

Thanks BrockLtd for the post:

Thanks for asking! PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this year.

So - exchange server people seem to be synced fine based on forum comments.  Stoopid question:  Can I use an exchange server?  

Realistically I can't wait all year for this - I already have 1,000 messages in the Z10 picked up last Tuesday and I can't sync delete and filing.  Moving to outlook.com means abandoning my domain suffix for my business?

I don't know what to do - still sto deeply disappointed that this issue was left off the launch table.  Honestly.  Keep Moving is your slogan Blackberry and I am now STUCKSTUCKSTUCK.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
stackpoleboy
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T Mob

Thanks for this post, highlighted a major flaw in teh new BB Z10 - I was looking forward to trading up from my 9900 but without an easy sync option with Outlook it seems I will not be switching to the Z10.  I am out of the office 2 - 3 days a week and it is so important to have contacts and calendar easily sync'ed on my BB. Samsung here I come?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrockLtd
My Device: BB Z10

HI MediaBirdie,

I'm not the most knowledgeable in the space & am learning on the fly because of the missing feature but, if I understand correctly, your question seems more related to email than the Contacts, Calendar & Tasks which is what the Desktop sync did for those of us without an exchange server. I'm gradually moving over my contacts by exporting a CSV file, importing it to my Outlook.com account, & then that account automatically syncs all this info to my Z10. Not ideal but I'm liking the phone so much I'm willing to put up with it 'til the feature is returned to the BBLink software.

If your question relates to email, you should have everything on your Z10 AND on your PC based Outlook. MAKE SURE you get all your email on Outlook BEFORE you delete on the Z10. I was used to using the "Delete Prior" function on my old BB Torch & it left all my email on the server so I could pick it up any time in my Outlook. The "Delete Prior" function on the Z10 behaves like the PlayBook &, once deleted on the handheld, it's gone & I can't get it back when I open Outlook. Now I just leave it all on the Z10 'til I'm at my desk. Once I've done a Send/Receive on Outlook, I immediately delete everything on the Z10. If anyone knows of a setting to change this, or of an alternative way of handling this, I welcome the insight. That said, this is an easier issue to live with, for me, than is the missing sync feature which is now promised.

One last thing on the exchange server part of the question: I think you may need to speak with your internet/website provider to see if you already have, or can be switched to, an exchange service. In my case, it costs more money so I want to stay the way I am. But I am looking forward to the new release of BBLink so I can get back the old, but great, BB Desktop Manager type sync feature! Everyone's needs differ but the more I play with this phone, the more I like it &, given the response from the BB support team, I'm glad I get to keep it!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Jerry, it looks like I'm going to return my Z10. If I cannot do something as basic as syncing my contacts, calendar and e-mail with Microsoft Outlook, one of the most commonly used e-mail systems on the planet, I see not point in retaining the Z10.

This is a great pity because as others have already stated, the new Z10 is at first sight a beautiful device - fast browsing, very slick to operate and wonderful quality in opening attachments - have you seen how an Excel spreadsheet appears on the Z10!!!!???

What a bunch of equine rumps the developers at RIM have turned out to be - if they have missed out on such a fundamental "must have" as syncing with Outlook!!!!

RIP RIM!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mediabirdie
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the info...
whyohwhydid they (BB) do this to us? It would've been stellar had they not screwed this so important bit up.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

I visualize a morning meeting at RIm last week, someone going  ooops !   thought you had that feature ?  nope, thought you did ?   nope, I did get the angry birds game though..  lol

ya it bites,  but I am loving my pnhone although it is just a toy for now while we wait. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.