Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

The egregious failures to deliver a quality product in this z10 / bb10 are strategic and could end BB once and for.  The feature set of the new platform deleted material applications and productivity tools that BB cannot be let of the hook.  We are not talking about screen transition glitches or some such nonsense.  Instead we are speaking of applications that are core to B B's golden business customer base.  

They delivered a new car with air conditioning but they deleted the power steering.  Its ridiculous.  USB xfr for out look, abandoning master categorization for out look / exchange, abandoning groups fro GMAIL users etc. etc .

Sgt Wilko is spot on.  

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I was thinking more a long the lines they delivered my car with Air but no stearing wheel.  

needed the room , lol 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook- Day 7

sunscribe to godadddy msft exchange and you will be happy.  $9 / month.  then you have real time sync and web access too.  and you become device agnostic,

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

It's like everything these days is $10 here , $10 there.   On it's own not a big deal, but......      I guess I could cancel my Hockey channel...   priorities .... lol 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10

I did not know there was an exchange hosting service for persoanl and small business in that price range; a very real option...
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

and customer service is outstanding...  and u never worry about your data again.

Contributor
mediabirdie
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

Several commentators here have already used this ridiculous work around. The  complaint is simple, why should you need to open a MSFT acct and then put your data in the cloud, in the united states of we'll give up your data to any government official with a flimsy subpoena?  this is just plain dangerous. 

Besides, what if you dont have access to the net?  

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

Several commentators here have already used this ridiculous work around. The  complaint is simple, why should you need to open a MSFT acct and then put your data in the cloud, in the united states of we'll give up your data to any government official with a flimsy subpoena?  this is just plain dangerous. 

Besides, what if you dont have access to the net?  

I'm sure you can come up with 100 reasons not to use any of the workarounds.  Don't use them if you don't want to. 

If it is so important that your data be protected from release to government agencies you should probably have your own exchange server and not be running your email and data through gmail or any of the other free hosted providers anyway.  

I'm not a defender of the way BlackBerry went about this, however, many (not BlackBerry employees but volunteers) have spent many hours working hard to come up with some workarounds to get people functioning again.

If you don't like it, don't use it.  Go get an iPhone and see if life is any better.  It's not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed, it is what it is.

For some users, an outlook/gmail contact/calendar sync will be perfect and is quite easy to arrange.

For others, it won't suffice.

It's just silly to condemn a workaround that satisfies some users. No one is forcing anyone here to use the cloud.

And, I do wish BlackBerry would speak louder on the issue.

What they've tweeted about having a solution later in the year is quite frankly adding nothing but fuel to the fire for those users show can't wait until June or December.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code