Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I was surprised as hell.  

And yeah it synchs ok with GMAIL and Hotmail but look at all the gmail people complaining about the dropping of GROUPS from the gmail sych protocol...

I dont make inportant decision based on what you beleive was a 10 minute conversation.  Stop defending this device and this company. We are taking delivery of several Win Phones as our conversations with msft have made it clear I get complete compatipility for exchange/outlook on their new devices.  TO be clear, I switched back to my 9900 yesterday.  And I remain very very sad.  

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

I own one.  And your configuration is the best for this device as it stands.  Mine workd well too. I am a subscriber to a hosted exchange provider.

My issues having said that are the major feature deletions that have occured within the protocol u described....

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

OK guys and gals of this forum!!

I have been enjoying the exchanges of the last three days.

As a total nerd in tech terms, my solution is simple:

Keep the Z10 as the e-mail handling is awesome and the clarity and efficacity of attachments is beyond excellent - has anyone opened an Excel spreadsheet on a Z10?? This is way beyond anything that the 9900 or its predecessors could hope to achieve. Also it would seem that you can keep receiving e-mails on a Z10 whilst also working with your 9900 on a full time basis!

So I will be keeping my 9900 for day-to-day use and syncing it regularly with my old clockwork BB desktop software and MS Outlook which works perfectly well. I wil be using the Z10 to open e-mails - and especially attachments, also for web browsing.

If and when the House of RIM/Blackberry deign to recognize us Internet users (who must constitute at least 30 percent of their market - certainly in Europe?), and introduce the update to Blackberry Link so that I can sync to Outlook with a Q10. Not the Z10 which I wil pass on to one of my kids. As a 70+ plus old f**t I prefer the joys of the Qwerty keyboard (even though, I have to admit, the Z10 keyboard has some seriously clever features).

Et voila

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook- Day 7

I have not treated you with disrespect.  SO why do you do that to me???

1.  The transport medium is irrelevant.  I buy all my hi end lossless music on line now.  The use of a pieces of plastic to convey digital information is anachronistic. No kidding.

2.  Moores law has nothing to do with the conversation about the cost of memory locally versus remotely.  Its an economics lesson, pure and simple: Super large server farms, incumbent telco broad band service providers with tons over old fiber laying dormant (ie what they the cost we charge individual consumers of remote low speed aggregated storage) versus local mass produced hard drives. Super low speed up speeds are demonstrative that the big telcos cant get us on voice so now they wnat my photos, music and movies so they can overcharge me fto see my own stuff too...  

Contributor
lmsmes
My Device: 9850

lmsmes wrote:

Everyone else has IPhones and Androids who sync using ActiveSync.  

hello Imsmes,

so if I understand correctly, when Verizon will allow you to get the Z10, if you get one, you'll be able to use ActiveSync like the other people with iOS/Android.

Yes, I believe so.  So at work I will at least have the capability of syncing with our server running Kerio (Like Exchange), but at home I will be SOL without jumping through a ton of hoops or buying add-ons that may or may not work the same.

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

I agree in architectural terms.  I ahve traditioanlly carried a 9900 + Note II

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

go to godaddy or msft hosted exchange.  you keep hyour domian and they host you exchange/mail apps.

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran

I was building a help reply to you when I hit some crazy key....

1.  Use the Windows CSV format.  Ive found its the better alternative.

2.  Dont use outlook to xfr data.  Export to a csv and then import your data directly to outlook.com using its import tool.  you should not have to arrange data fields.  itll do it on its own.

3.  Use this time to take a second and look over your data.  I always take this time to use a series of sorts to clean up my dbases ...  pull it into excel, uses the dbase sort tools and get your data cleaned up.

4,I dont know why you are cutting your csv files up into smaller portions.  If you export to CSV, then import to outlook .com you shouldnt need to cut up the process into batches.

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

Xandrex wrote:

In the end, I believe that:

• the CompanionLink will only help you for the calendar (compared to your current outlook.com workaround).
  • given your requirements, I believe that you will not find a better solution than a BlackBerry 7 device (like your Torch). Android, iOS won't do better than your current outlook.com workaround, and WindowsPhone will have the same limitation as outlook.com .

I purchased Companion Link and then a Samsung Note II once I found out the Companion Link did not get approved yet by BB.   They had not posted that on thier website yet that they were waiting on approval.

Anyway,   Outlook.com does not support, Categories,Tasks, Notes & the Journal.  It is limited on the number of Contacts you can upload and you surely cannot work Offline especially when travelling.     These items are all equally important to me for productivity reasons. It goes way beyond a bunch of names in my address book that I cannot have on the Cloud never mind on the Cloud outside of my Country not to mention with an US based Company.  These Cloud based emails seem to change thier privacy policies on a whim and have the attitude if you don't like it don't log in.

Have you seen that Commercial where MS is accusing Google ( Scroogle , I think is what they are calling it, lol  it's kinda funny)  of scanning all Our emails so they can target advertising to our tastes? huh! 

There is so many things affected here on so many levels.

I just wanted to upgrade my phone, not my whole business strategy and have an added expense.

Companion Link / Deja Office does support all these things.  The Address book is intregated into my Samsung's "S" Voice for hands free operation and works great.  I have only ever owned a Blackberry and this Android is a real eye opener and BB  and Apple have a high bar to reach. 

I can do everything that I could with my Desktop Manager - wireless syncing  

I had a BB Level 3 tech call me back and from the conversation I do not see anyway they can have this fully functional by the US release date and I would be surprised if they can even get it partially working as it takes a lot of testing after the programming.  They had not even started the project last Tuesday.  

The official word was later this year.  That I have in writing but I am scared as to watch features will be available. 

Companion Link for Z10 sounds like it will not be fully integrated when the first app is released but they hope to have more features avaialbe by May.    I am betting they will be faster than BB on the release ( at BB discretion of course)  .   I rather see a BB product but I need to put this phone to work.

None of this is good for here and now but there is hope.    Thanks for reading,  I am ranting more than anything.

Remind me why I kept my Z10,,,, oh please...     I actually do love it's potential and I like a challenge. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

100 blu ray movies = 500gb.  have you checked the cost of 500GB for an indiviual lately??? why do you thiong WD is doing so well.  THe idea of storing allyou own stuff at home is here and now... it waill always be that way...

my movies are MY movies, my music collection is my music collection and my taxes are my taxes...

----------------------------------
valid point! made me want to share this

Off topic some what but I have a Motorola PVR that has movies I recorded and if I do not subcribe to this particular Cable company I cannot even access my recordings...    talk about Control.

Had a cable/internet outage and thought I would just hang out and watch some shows and play with my z10

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.