Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Dance_Sport
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

An Outlook solution has been posted to sync outlook to BB10. Since I already have a MS Live Account, all I had to do was install the MS Outlook Connector 32 Bit to my desktop.

It is an OTA solution.

This problem may have to do with Outlook or MS direction to encourage (force?) users to go to a cloud solution.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)
My Carrier: Vodafone

In my opinion, Blackberry could not put the release back any further, for whatever the reasons for the delay, they had put themselves between a rock and a hard place

They had to commit to a release of some sorts or be seen whether rightly or wrongly by the general public, as falling behind, not being up there competing, being 'innovative'  and providing a 'must have' along with iPhone, Samsung etc.

I delayed upgrading my Blackberry for over a year in hopes of a leap forward in technology with some interesting developments like the Hub, keyboard  etc,  but retain the traditional communication backbone that is the strengths of a Blackberry for large and small busineses, and the individual sole trader reliant on email to function.

I did expect some minor issues with a new phone with a new operating system being different with a learning curve.  But to take away a key benefit of owning a Blackberry such as USB sync  for many small independent owners and small businesses has been a step too far.

Many I know, who like me have been die hard Blackberry fans and  waited for the BB10, have now jumped ship or will be doing so soon.

No one wants work arounds, or added costs to do what they did before, so of course people naturally look elsewhere.

Innovation is one thing, but seems that the Z10 is aimed at those who dont care about outlook and want any new gadget for their social life and Businesses who can afford their own exchange servers to get the best out of it

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Dance_Sport wrote:

An Outlook solution has been posted to sync outlook to BB10. Since I already have a MS Live Account, all I had to do was install the MS Outlook Connector 32 Bit to my desktop.

It is an OTA solution.

This problem may have to do with Outlook or MS direction to encourage (force?) users to go to a cloud solution.

Well, actually is a partial workaround, not a total solution. I know, it's an issue I've been dealing with, and there are still some holes in the process whereby my private domain email would receive, send and reply to any and all calendar invites, rather than from Outlook.com.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBIM
My Carrier: Bell

Couldn't agree more.  By wanting to be the same as the other suppliers, Blackberry has pushed away its die hard users and accelerated its descent.  I paid $37 for the companionLink software and that solution still doesn't work because the App hasn't been approved yet by Blackberry World.  If I must accept a solution that does not meet my needs, I feel I may as well go with Samsung or Apple and at least benefit from the wide adoption, availability of apps and the guarantee my phone will be serviced by a company that will be there in a few years.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fastbyk
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Bell

I spent a couple of hours with a great rep from BB last night trying to get my business Outlook contact list to sync with the BB10 and one of his solutions was with their enterprise system,.  Very exspensive and it doesn't work. I've held off for this phone for a few months and now I'm very disappointed that BB didn't help out here. The only workable source for contacts is Gmail with is rought with advertising and spam and is for kids and grandmothers, not business people, I'm now afraid that BB is selling the sizle with out any steak so I put all my stock on sell this morning. Very upset and will not back them anymore.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Michelle_D
My Carrier: Telus

I was extremlty disappointed as well! I should have read more about it and not assumed... If I had I'm not sure I would have purchased.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pjmalouf
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook- Day 7

I have been a loyal BB user and have been anxiously awaiting the release of the Z10. A year ago I tried the Galaxy S3 and was not comfortable with its functionality as to how I would use it.

I put myself on a pre-order list with Rogers for 3 - Z10's, but:

1. having done all the research prior to getting the phone
  2. learning that the Z10 does not sync easily, efficiently and seamlessly with Outlook
  3. Having experienced Outlook.com:
  4. which takes forever to sync calendar items
  5. does not sync tasks
  6. forces a user to manage multiple calendars in desktop outlook.Etc..
  7. Having spoken to Blackberry sales in Waterloo, who indicated that they were not aware of the problem and would get back to me - that was Feb. 11th, 2013
  8. Having seen all of the posts and the frustrations by grass roots users
  9. Having spoken to Rogers tech support as well as Bell and Telus

I have come to the conclusion that RIM ( ugh) had resigned themselves to releasing a TOY, an entertainment device, they got caught up in the deadline of the Jan 31 release date and clearly lost connection with their grass roots users that made Blackberry the "go to " business tool.

Not only do they not distinguish themselves from the competition but I think that they will experience severe push back when they launch in the USA.

We are a small market in Canada, but maybe they will respond once the US market officially gets their hands on the new Z10.

I would like to suggest the following to all disgruntled users, in order to get a definitive response and SOLUTION from Blackberry ( RIM):

LET US TAKE OUT A 1/2 PAGE AD IN THE GLOBE AND MAIL EXPRESSING OUR FRUSTRATION AND DISAPPOINTMENT WITH THE LIMITATIONS OF THE Z10 AND THE LACK OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY BLACKBERRY.

I AM SURE THEY WILL BAPY ATTENTION - AS WE WILL BE JUST BE STATING THE FACTS INCLUDING THE MRENTIONING THE DREADFULL CLOUD SYNCHING OPTION.

The cost of the ad Nationally would be about $7,500 divided by some 200 users that amounts to $37.50 per user.

I am prepared to coordinate this - if they wanted to be disruptive with their technology then I think that we need to bring the companies attention to how badly they blew it, therefore we need to be disruptive in our collective response.

Bitching on this forum or the crackberry forum won't get the company's attention

Thoughts ?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

pjmalouf wrote:

Bitching on this forum or the crackberry forum won't get the company's attention

Actually, having read this thread or one of many others on this forum alone, you would see that the issue ALREADY has BlackBerry's attention. They have acknowledged it and stated the wired sync would be returned.

And I do think users should come here and state their disapointment and let the company know their desire for the function (however, making 35 posts of just whining and declaring one is moving to a WinMo/Samsung/Apple phone creates quite the opposite desired effect).

Anyway, your sales person in Waterloo on the 11th just wasn't informed.

I hope the fix comes MUCH sooner than later.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)
My Carrier: Vodafone

I agree that a lot of the posts, including my own, are venting frustration that Blackberry have launched a product that does not meet our needs with sync to Outlook by USB.

Unfortunately, many of the same people run a business and rely on their device, which means they are feeling less than enthusiatsic about a fix for USB sync to Outlook at some date to be announced later this year and are forced to make an urgent decision:

1. return the Z10 in limited time allowed by their carriers, or
  2. await a fix sometime in the future, taking the risk it will be sorted soon (and not in last quarter), and that they can live with work-arounds which  fail to present a professional image.

With time is running out to return devices, people do feel they are forced to make a decision they could regret either way.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Mick, you're so right.

I am "making do" for the time being and while I don't like having to do this, I will survive. Life will go on for me, and I am still exploring other options (such as a hosted exchange), but since no blood has been spilled, I do have the luxury of doing this on "my" time, with no emergency.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.