Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers/Sprint

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I agree with you as well.  I'm not sure yet what's more frustrating - that they didn't seek to include this feature, or that they deliberately hid this to avoid all the bad press on it they'd get before launch.

Also, the BIS email push feature - I was less concerned about security and more with how easy it was not to have to mess with outbound servers or rely on my cellular data to be my outbound server when i was on the road between two countries.  BIS email was easy set up, the push was great, and it was extremely reliable.  All I see in defense of this is that "security isn't as big a deal as it was back when BBerry introduced it", but that wasn't why I liked it. 

Overall I'm very disappointed in Blackberry on this and I think they ignored a very large and significant population of their users - it's almost like they didn't care about abandoning their previous business power users and instead just tried to focus on moving over iPhone and Android users.  What this has done is in fact moved me back the other way, and more firmly.

I hear of this third party workaround, but I agree that it shouldn't be necessary. 

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I can 't believe they didn't realize this flaw wouldn't alienate current BB users.  It was likely a case of choosing between two evils and they felt the launch was critical (given the already successive delays) to try and attract new users and hope for the best on retaining existing BB clients.

Also, I received an email responding to my request for BB support and heard that I may be returning my Z10 and they would like to talk to first.  The thing is I never put in such a request.  So.....do you think they're monitoring this site????

Anyway heard the same thing - they are aware and are working on the solution but no timeline available.

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I think I've finally worked out what's going on here - this was all a very clever marketing plan by BB!

Now that I've been forced to look at alternatives for sync, I am astounded that pretty much all the options, on all the other mobile platforms, require a transitionary stage & all the transitions are imperfect at best. Even Microsoft to Microsoft, via desktop Outlook to Outlook.com has problems. The larger & more complex the data set, the worse it gets. And even a Win8 phone can't sync to desktop Outlook but, MS does have a cloud offering they can sell us, for a monthly blood transfusion. BB doesn't have a cloud service to sell us, why would they create a scenario where we're driven to these other cloud providers? Given the errors I've seen importing csv files to Outlook.com & the trauma experienced syncing contacts & calendars with Outlook.com, I can just stand in awe of how good the old Desktop Manager sync function really was. It was so good, I didn't even notice how well it worked but isn't that what a business tool should be?

C'mon guys, give us the real skinny here. You're deliberately creating this storm so you can "fix" it prior to the US launch, right? What a perfect way to highlight one of BB's great strengths!

I'm still frustrated with the time I've spent on this, I hate having multiple calendars on my desktop Outlook, & I can't wait to get the sync feature back so I can delete that Outlook.com account. Meantime, I'm hoping that I've managed to transfer the contact details for any contacts I need 'til the fix happens & I hope I don't miss any appointments because of a suspect calendar sync. However, I am hanging in there with you & the only thing I need to improve my sleep at night is some timing guestimates that are a little more focused than the end of the year. Pretty please!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you for that clear and impassioned request.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Bell

I'm thinking this isn't an over site but a problem with bb coming to terms with MS and using their system. Similar to apple and google maps. I just sold all my stock in BB because I can't believe that the smart people there would leave this out however I do believe that in order to save a buck they won't deal with MS and especially when MS has their own phone. I'll be looking at the stock again when MS mentions their buyout of BB.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

I have exhausted all options thoroughly.  I have tried everything listed in this thread.  I even subscribed to Rackspace  ( Ms Exchange)  and was going to sucimb to paying for using an exchange server.   They cannot due what we need .  Sync our Desktop Outlook, Calander, Notes, Tasks, Contacts including categories  unless you have a website.  They need to have that websites email service directed to them.   

If you are a Contractor ( as I am for several Companies ) and do not own a Website the company cannot redirect the email service as it will affect all employees with that Company. 

I do not need to Sync my emails as they already are done.  It is just Calander, Notes, Tasks, Contacts

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Solutions: 6,115
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Fastbyk wrote:
I'll be looking at the stock again when MS mentions their buyout of BB.

bauahahahahaha, good one. You'll be too late if you wait for the news. "Buy on rumor, sell on news".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers/Sprint

Just a heads up as well, the claims on the web that "Companionlink Announces Sync between Blackberry 10 and Outlook" are disingenuous at best.

1) You have to "side load" their DejaOffice app

2) It's flaky and painfully slow both with USB and WiFi

3) Your contacts, calendar, notes, etc. go into their DejaOffice app on your BB10, not the native calendar and contacts app.

According to their website, they're trying to have the app sideload and the BB10 native apps issues handled by May, but I'd hope RIM would wise up first and just bring sync back properly to their devices.

Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Still no comments from BB on ths issue ? I have a few weeks more before the Z10 will be avalable here in The Netherlands. If no news from BBon this issue , I will leave Blackberry for another brand. Hope they will besmart and at least communicate ?
Solutions: 6,115
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Zelion wrote:
Still no comments from BB on ths issue ?

Yes, they have, and it is commented on in this thread several times. I think it was Andrew who posted it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code