Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
mediabirdie
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook - the 1, 2 3

thanks wilj for the options (won't call them solutions) laid out as 1, 2, 3.   I spent hours yesterday installing the Outlook Connector and going the outlook.com route.  The link I posted days ago to Blackberry's own blog on this instructs "put Calendar in List View, copy and paste."  Well lord help me I can't find List View in calendar !   

Is it authentic to have a Blackberry Help blog intentionally set out instruction that they know isn't there?  That seems too cruel to be true.   

I now have 4 groups of contacts on the BBZ10:  ActiveSync for Outlook.com, CardDav for gmail, the original import via SIM card from the Bold.  

It's a mess, really.    Looks like GoDaddy may be the better option - but I am mentally exhausted - and logged quite a few less hours for the last 2 weeks running my business.   Not cool.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Re item 3 - I will answer my own question; the BB10 companionlink product is an extension of a service/product they alread had for other devices. It appears it can be "Sideloaded" now so I'm testing. It does not perform what I am calling an "Email sync" but the writup says it prettty well syncs everything else., I'll let you know the results.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Koodo

I promised to report back after testing Companionlink

I installed the Companionway link software as per the instruction at

http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Setup_Guide_-_Sync_BlackBerry_10_via_USB

I set USB cable connection and manual synchronization

When you select sync from the desktop Companilink app it says to do it from BB

When you press sync from the BB app it says to close DejaView

The first few times it asked for my password and the other times it did not - I suspect this means something is amiss in how I did subsequent syncs.

Note, there is verylittle feedback from the app so it is hard to tell if the sync has started or is complete

The first sync seemed to capture all contacts and calendar items in the BB from my Outlook

I then added one contact and one calendar item to the BB and also a different contact and calendar item to Outlook. The subsequent syncs did not sync the changes in either direction.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBuserZ10
My Device: Z10

I successfully synced my Z10 through hotmail.com for contacts and calendar. No USB cable needed any more. Whenever I change schedule or contact info on my Z10 or in Outlook, the changes synced within just a couple of minutes. No need to pay for 3rd party software.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook Try this free software with Gmail Easy !!!!!!!!!!!

Sync outlook with BB10 through Gmail this is a free software and once installed in will keep sync gmail as per time setting you select. its the best of the worst until blackberry wakes up and fixes the big problems that can cost the millions. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/googlesyncmod/?source=dlp

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi.

Do you already have a "Hotmail.com" e-mail address or did you set up a new one for the purposes of synching. Could you please set out in greater detail the procedure you used?

Is "Hotmail.com" not the old name for "Outlook.com"??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bsansom
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

If you want to encourage RIM (Blackberry) to do the right thing and make the sync issue right with us loyal users, I encourage you to make your comment and Gripe be known here : http://gripevine.com/new-blackberry-z10-hits-wall-shame-its-loyal-customers-research-motion-ltd-grip...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

PJCMoray wrote:

Hi.

Do you already have a "Hotmail.com" e-mail address or did you set up a new one for the purposes of synching. Could you please set out in greater detail the procedure you used?

Is "Hotmail.com" not the old name for "Outlook.com"??

Hotmail is the old name for outlook.com mail.

The instructions are listed here, pretty clearly:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/how-to-setup-outlook-to-wirelessly-synchronize-your-contacts-...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mediabirdie
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook Try this free software with Gmail Easy !!!!!!!!!!!

This issue more than any other highlights the war between Microsoft and Google. Rumblings that Google will discontinue CardDav end of July means this solution might disappear. C'mon blackberry - stop making us run all over the world trying to close this horrific gap.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PJRoy

Just had the new BB10 less than a week, been looking hi and lo for what I am doing wrong!

The outlook sync is part of my businness life, i am not ready to change my ways to please RIM!

I also realize that the messages deleted on the device are not deleted on the server - we used to have the choice - which is a major pain!

I guess i will be taking this machine back, although i love other aspects of it.

Too bad!

Please use plain text.