Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BBuserZ10
My Device: Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

So far I like the device.

I can now sync the calendar and contacts through hotmail almost in real-time. Don't need a USB cable any more.

I found one glitch, but I'm sure RIM will release a software update soon.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook Try this free software with Gmail Easy !!!!!!!!!!!

mediabirdie wrote:
Rumblings that Google will discontinue CardDav end of July means this solution might disappear.

There is a misunderstanding. Google is not discontinuing CardDAV support end of July.

This is the plan:

Google will discontinue ActiveSync support for new non-GoogleApps account, starting the end of July. And in parallel to that, people can (even today) use other technologies to sync their personal data:

• IMAP/POP for the emails in GMail
  • CardDAV for the contacts in GMail
  • CalDAV for the Google Calendar

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

Hi try this free link  to sync with gmail, but again the issue should be focused on outlook.

oh it free

http://sourceforge.net/projects/googlesyncmod/?source=dlp

New Contributor
Fastbyk
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Is Gmail as secure or hold the same information or detail as Outlook?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I prefer Outlook.com as I believe it will be more secure.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
ddch
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Didn't want to sync in the cloud for security reasons after a previous attempt at using Yahoo to sync ended up with my account being hacked.

Decided to give Companionlink a go and whilst not as straightforward as what was the old BB Desktop software it does seem to work, it does sync to the Z10 although the Dejaoffice on the Z10 says it hasn't.   Whilst not ideal at having to fork out some money it does mean am not carrying around a useless brick of a phone.

Companionlink when they update the software to sync directly to the BB Contacts and Calendar directly will be a good piece of software, although BB saying they are working on it we don't know when they will release it.

If only they would fix some of the basic issues in the Link software, it either says the Z10 is not connected when it is, the drives get mounted okay, the PC can see the Z10, the Z10 can see the PC, but Link well who knows, when it does see the Z10, it wont back up, it says the device is not associated with a BB ID, yet am logged in, even if I log out and back in and the link software says its associated to the Z10 when you go to backup it says you aren't.

I am now really regretting not having returned the Z10 within the 10 days, it seems pointless trying to seek help from BB, they never respond.

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

You would think that with this volume of traffic on the synching and back-up issue BB would have started to respond formally to this forum. I guess I am being a tad naive. After all, here in the UK us Internet user represent some 35 percent of the BB market, compared to the MES users. So who the hell are we to be making a fuss?????

On verra - as they say!

Community Manager
Community Manager
TyW
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Hi it’s Ty from BlackBerry.

We want to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that we are listening.

Some of you on this thread are asking how to sync PIM data between your BlackBerry Z10 and computer in general. Others just want to do this directly between the phone and computer. We want to address both here.

With BlackBerry 10 the syncing of PIM data between your BlackBerry Z10 and computer can be easily configured to happen over the air.  You need to add your existing webmail accounts on the BlackBerry Z10 and set the email, contacts, calendar for syncing. We have posted information on how to do this for example with Outlook.com on the Help Blog.

For those of you for whom over the air synchronization is not an option, we want to assure you that direct sync via USB is also being worked on and we are committed on adding this capability as part of our BlackBerry Link software suite. Our first major update for BlackBerry Link coming in the next few weeks will include the ability to import contact and calendar information directly from Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Full two-way sync will be added in the next update shortly thereafter. We will provide more information about timing of these features on our various forums and blogs, but you can also look for updates at http://BlackBerry.com/BlackBerryLink

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TyW wrote:

Hi it’s Ty from BlackBerry.

We want to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that we are listening.

Some of you on this thread are asking how to sync PIM data between your BlackBerry Z10 and computer in general. Others just want to do this directly between the phone and computer. We want to address both here.

With BlackBerry 10 the syncing of PIM data between your BlackBerry Z10 and computer can be easily configured to happen over the air.  You need to add your existing webmail accounts on the BlackBerry Z10 and set the email, contacts, calendar for syncing. We have posted information on how to do this for example with Outlook.com on the Help Blog.

For those of you for whom over the air synchronization is not an option, we want to assure you that direct sync via USB is also being worked on and we are committed on adding this capability as part of our BlackBerry Link software suite. Our first major update for BlackBerry Link coming in the next few weeks will include the ability to import contact and calendar information directly from Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Full two-way sync will be added in the next update shortly thereafter. We will provide more information about timing of these features on our various forums and blogs, but you can also look for updates at http://BlackBerry.com/BlackBerryLink

That is great news. The sooner the better!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
pjmalouf
My Device: Bold 9900

Great news, FINALLY - now the big question to be answered is ETA