Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

TyW

Thanks for the information, it is good to know something is happening re USB sync even if in next few weeks.

Though it is a step forward, it is not so encouraging that the two-way sync will not be available until the update after, so it could be along  while off.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Thanks Ty!

"Next few Weeks" for transfer is a pretty god start and more info than we usually get. Let's hope the full sync comes quickly after that.

Much better than "Later this Year".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

I am so excited that Blackberry was listening to our needs.. This is such an important part for people who run their own business and Outlook via USB sync is a must..  Thank you..   

Contributor
BBuserZ10
My Device: Z10

This is great, but would be nice to get an update on Blue tooth issue when BlackBerry looses notification sounds after connection with a blue tooth hands free device. I know this is a different topic, but I didn't see any activity there yet.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]
TyW wrote:

Hi it’s Ty from BlackBerry.

We want to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that we are listening.

For those of you for whom over the air synchronization is not an option, we want to assure you that direct sync via USB is also being worked on and we are committed on adding this capability as part of our BlackBerry Link software suite. Our first major update for BlackBerry Link coming in the next few weeks will include the ability to import contact and calendar information directly from Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Full two-way sync will be added in the next update shortly thereafter. We will provide more information about timing of these features on our various forums and blogs, but you can also look for updates at http://BlackBerry.com/BlackBerryLink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello TyW,
  Thank you for the update.  Although I have returned my Z10 due to the above issue and the fact the alternative work arounds are not for me I am appreciative that a BB Rep has responded with some actual useable information.
  I had made my decision based on the fact the best official answer I could get  up to last week at so many Levels within BB was, "later this year and there was no actual start date for the programming".   
   I look forward to returning to be a BB user at some point as the BB10 software is nice to use and I can see lots of great potential with every update. 
   Keep up the 2-way communication with the Users !   

Thx. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
JBIM

This is great news.  My trial period is coming to end end in a few days.  Initailly, I was also disappointed with battery life.  But as someone else posted, it has improved a lot after a few charges.  I am hopeful I will now be happy with the phone for my needs.  Hence, I will keep the phone and not return it.

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

You have made my weekend!

Estimated timing on the updates to BlackBerry Link would round it off perfectly.

PJC Moray
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

Hi Ty

Sorry, I could not find your original message in the thread when I responded earlier.

I just wanted to reply to you directly to say how much I (and I am sure many others) appreciate a direct response from Blackberry which at last is a clear response, makes sense and is encouraging! I have to say that responses from youer "Customer assistance" call centres have been so unhelpful and clearly uninformed, that I gave up calling them after the third day after the introduction of the Z10 in the UK.

I am very glad that you are working on solving the USB synchronisation issue which has, after all, been one of the key advantages of using a Blackberry since they were first introduced.

Please continue to keep us informed on progress on this key issue.

Thanks and good luck with an early release of the update to Blackberry Link.

PJC Moray

New Contributor
PJRoy

This is good news, I was going to return the device tomorrow, I am leaving on a trip and I need a working phone. I guess I will wait and just reactivate my old 9000 in the meantime, hoping that weeks will not turn into months.

And maybe the other small issues will be addressed too in time!

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

Ty

Good evening again

Since you are working on the USB Outlook/Z10 synchronisation issue, I wamted to draw another issue to your attention.

For the moment, and until the update to the Blackberry Link has been issued, I am using my BB 9900 as my working device but receiving e-mails etc on my Z10. In trying to keep my contacts and my calendar entries on my Z10 up to date, I synchronise my BB 9900 with my Blackberry desktop software using an USB cable, and then plug my BB9900 into the Blackberry Link (again using an USB cable) and download all of my updated data from my BB9900 on to the Blackberry Link. At the end of the download, I get a notice on the Link stating that all of the data from BB9900, including calendar entries have been downloaded on to the Link.

When I plug my Z10 into the Blackberry Link, using an USB cable, I am told that the Link is updating my data on to the Z10. However upon inspection, I note that no calendar entries have been transferred to the Z10. Also, and most bizarrely, whilst the updates to my contacts generally take place on an incremental basis, in other words as a result of such upload of data the only changes in the contacts on the Z10 are new additions to contacts or amendments to an existing contact entry. However for any contact entry where the entry has no "First Name" or "Last Name" but only the "Company" name (e.g. a restaurant) after the transfer of data from the Link to the Z10, I notice that any such "Company only" entries have been duplicated!!

I draw this to your attention as you need to sort this out before finalising the update to the Blackberry Link software in respect of USB synchronising between Outlook and the Z10.

Cheers

PJC Moray