Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Chronos
My Device: 0
My Carrier: 0

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

this thread is getting a little off-topic These forums are peer to peer support forums and the contributors and forum veterans are here to help you as best they can, we don't want censor conversation so please keep the discussion on track and stay respectful in your posts.

Thank you for your participation to this community!

Chronos                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Sorry I took this thread of topic.

I still carry the 9900

Ill find another place to discuss the strategy of the business.  I apologize but for me the difficulty we are having with the new z10 lack of finctionality is indicative of faulty srtrategy.  But I acknowledge this is the wrong place for that discussion...

suggest the right wone and Ill meet you there. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mpzt
My Device: z10

I have had my Z10 a few hours and am hacked off with the inability of it to sync with outlook. I run a small business and rely on linking my calender, contacts and phone to be on top of my clients needs. 

What really hacks me off is myself. I put off getting an iphone and a Samsung Galaxy in order to see what Blackberry would do with the z10. the reward for the wait and loyalty is a business phone that can't do a basic business function.  

Thanks Blackberry you really pulled the stops out on this one.

Tomorrow I do a site visit to a large company, 10,000+ employees. Their management population uses blackberry, guess what I will be telling them.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mpzt wrote:

I have had my Z10 a few hours and am hacked off with the inability of it to sync with outlook. I run a small business and rely on linking my calender, contacts and phone to be on top of my clients needs. 

I do the same, and I truly loved the wired sync. It just worked.

The past two weeks I have implemented a wireless sync with my contacts and calendar, and it's working. It's not ideal for what I want, There is a glitch or two I am dealing with, but it's working to a great extent.

Why don't you tell them about the great keyboard, the slick OS, the great browser and the cool seamless implementation of the native apps? Besides, being such large corporation with over 10,000 employees, they could care less about a wired outlook sync. They'll likely be on an exchange email server and will have no idea what you're talking about a "wired Outlook sync" because they never have done that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBuserZ10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Good point.

I didn't know what was the USB cable for, when I was part of a big corporation, rather than for charging the BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mpzt
My Device: z10

Granted there are aspects I really like about the new phone however what is a solution and judging by the length of threads what I am not getting is reasurance that Blackberry are onto this with the aim of sorted the sync out as quickly as possible. Give us an idea of if and when a solution will be in place because all the good features will soon pale into insignifigance. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

mpzt wrote:

Granted there are aspects I really like about the new phone however what is a solution and judging by the length of threads what I am not getting is reasurance that Blackberry are onto this with the aim of sorted the sync out as quickly as possible. Give us an idea of if and when a solution will be in place because all the good features will soon pale into insignifigance. 

If you look in earlier post, some one from BlackBerry didsay that in the next update of Link (coming soon) it will be able to copy contact and calendar to the phone and in a subsecuant update the two way sync will be there

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Considering the number of people that have commented on the USB or Bluetooth sych issue I have to say Im surprised that such a large consituecny of profesional rely on one hard drive and a phone to store theri prcious contact and email data.  

I ahve ALWYAS been hooked up to an exchange server so that Im never at risk of losing my data and so I can always access an outlook session on line.  

Regardless, the problem with the z10 beyond the USB synch issue is that a whole bunch of functionality in respect of outlook has been dumped.  

Notes are not supported - at all. Task categorization is not supported nor is contact categorization.  So when you go to that 10,000 person business, what they would find is that corporate and divisional task categorized management tied to Project will be disjointed, and the global and personal contact lists will lose a level of acuity that I consider imperative to people working in large environments.  

PIN txtg is out too. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

So, "one hard drive and a phone" is a redundant system, if you ask me (yes, I know you didn't..) So, If the phone gives out you can sync from Outlook back to a new phone, and if you have to reload to a new copy of Outlook you can do that easily from the device. If you don't mind connecting via cable or USB it's a great system, yes, even for professionals.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with Notes. Notes sync via wired/Bluetooth sync. They also sync wirelessly from Exchange 2010 and later and Tasks sync wirelessly from Exchange with 2003 SP2 and later. Why they did away with categories I don't know. My "guess" is that they had to get this platform out and that it may come later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)
My Carrier: Vodafone

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

Considering the number of people that have commented on the USB or Bluetooth sych issue I have to say Im surprised that such a large consituecny of profesional rely on one hard drive and a phone to store theri prcious contact and email data.  

Perhaps like even the largest organisations, the large constituency of professionals back our data up to mirror our hard drives, but because we are small businesses/owner operators, we have no need for networks or exchange servers, hence  the reason USB sync is highly important to us.

Please use plain text.