Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BBuserZ10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Here it is. I hope we get this sooner than later.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KevinG99_AB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers/Sprint

Interesting - I went to the beta site and signed up, put Z10 in my profile and It said I qualified for four beta programs. I signed up for two, and after getting the download links guess what - I get a message for each saying that the two programs won't work on OS 10. Haha! Is it me?
Please use plain text.
asiaphone
My Device: z10
My Carrier: true

[ Edited ]

I'm mobile phone shop in SEA most customers here not trust clound storage so they always use pc outlook.  Even iphone can do very easy sychronize with pc outlook.  During past few years I had transfer many bb contact to iphone contact but z10 cannot get contact from iphone or other smart phone to it.  Price of z10 is drop very fast so future for BB will not good in this SEA martket for sure.  Playbook didn't give you any lesson ? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

compuease wrote:

So it is coming?  I did try to read this thread but see nothing "official".. 

Posted above in message # 308.

TyW wrote:

Hi it’s Ty from BlackBerry.

We want to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that we are listening.

Some of you on this thread are asking how to sync PIM data between your BlackBerry Z10 and computer in general. Others just want to do this directly between the phone and computer. We want to address both here.

With BlackBerry 10 the syncing of PIM data between your BlackBerry Z10 and computer can be easily configured to happen over the air.  You need to add your existing webmail accounts on the BlackBerry Z10 and set the email, contacts, calendar for syncing. We have posted information on how to do this for example with Outlook.com on the Help Blog.

For those of you for whom over the air synchronization is not an option, we want to assure you that direct sync via USB is also being worked on and we are committed on adding this capability as part of our BlackBerry Link software suite. Our first major update for BlackBerry Link coming in the next few weeks will include the ability to import contact and calendar information directly from Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Full two-way sync will be added in the next update shortly thereafter. We will provide more information about timing of these features on our various forums and blogs, but you can also look for updates at http://BlackBerry.com/BlackBerryLink

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mpzt

Thanks for the update on Blackberry's official position. I like the phone and want to stick with it. I am glad the sync issue is being worked on, even better if the update was quicker than a couple of weeks. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

mpzt wrote:

Thanks for the update on Blackberry's official position. I like the phone and want to stick with it. I am glad the sync issue is being worked on, even better if the update was quicker than a couple of weeks. 

mpzt:
You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mpzt

Thanks J, can my previous posts be removed?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Changing that in your profile changes it on your posts previous and future, You're safe.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dance_Sport
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Have you tried the latest BlackBerry Z10 Link update yet? It is available for installation right from the BBLink installed. It found and connected my BB10 through WiFi.

Now, a device password is required. Along the top, I can see that 34.9 GB is free as I have added a 32GB MicroSD card.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Polarbear1
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Virgin

Desktop manager worked so well on the torch... outlook calendar/contacts very smooth.  Sooner is better for same feature on new z10.  BB flex works great for other stuff (its all new to me and i'm not quite sure how it worked but everything just appeared)  Unfortunately it was documents etc that weren't really necessary.  Fortunately the bb flex device option lets me update calendar to old torch but its pretty funny to tell people i really like the new phone features (and there are some good ones) but i have to carry two of them now..... not a very good sales pitch.  Can't happen too soon for me.

Please use plain text.