Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: 8310, Playbook, Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I am happy Blackberry is working on it but it will be a partial solution initially and full 2-way sync is only scheduled for "later this year". Since Desktop Manager already includes the Outlook sync feature - and does it very well - I was hoping BB would simply add Z10 support in DM until they could deliver full 2-way Outlok Sync in Link. That would have saved us a lot of frustration and them a significant amount of development and testing time for a quick fix. DM might not have the snazzy look of Link but I'll take usefulness over looks anytime.I suspect many BB users would agree.

Sgt Wilko 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm sure it's not that simple. the Z10 is an entirely new platform and requires a complete rewrite of the code for syncing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: ROGERS

Same thing for me I recive beta link for BB Messenger but it's run on OS 7 only :smileyhappy:
Solutions: 6,137
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

gregzebest wrote:
Same thing for me I recive beta link for BB Messenger but it's run on OS 7 only :smileyhappy:

How does this relate to Outlook sync?

Maybe your post above is misplaced?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 8310, Playbook, Z10, 9900

John_Clark, I disagree about the complete rewrite. Don't want to pollute the thread with off topic chatter but... All that is required is writing new code to read and write the Z10 databases. All the outlook data comparison and syncing code is already in DM. They can realistically leverage the work done on Link to read/write data to the Z10. Eiter way, this is all moot now since BB has picked their strategy for this feature and it is Link.
Contributor
My Device: z10

Goodbye Blackberry.

I really wanted the Z10 to be great and keep with me Blackberry as there were many features I found useful in my small business, synching with outlook, multiple email accounts, all helped my business.

However the absence by omision or neglect of syncing with outlook and lack of clarity on when it would be resolved  combined with long hours on the phone with tech support and then in the shop trying to get email accounts up and running, all was too much.

I was spending more time resolving Z10 issues than on my business. In the end I took it back, and the store, knowing the hassles made a reluctant swap with a Samsung Galaxy. Everything that took three days with the z10 to get working was up and running on the new Samsung in an hour. 

Shame as I was loyal to Blackberry and took it for granted that all the features I loved before would automatcially be in the Z10. 

Solutions: 6,137
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mpzt, does the Galaxy sync via USB to Outlook?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Not sure what was wrong with your email accounts, but mine four were app and running in a few seconds.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

There is a solution to sync to Outlook with the Z10.

You have to sync the phone and Outlook to Hotmail which is now Outlook.com. There is a utility that has to be installed from MS to allow Outlook to sync to Hotmail. In Outlook there will now be a contacts folder in the contacts section that is updated every time Outlook does its Send/Receive after this is properly set up.

The system works well. We are using it with our business phones and have no issues. If you call Blackbery support, they can assist you in how to set this up, or simply search the web to find the instructions and do it yourself. It is very secure as long as you use a strong password.

An advantage is you will have an on going live sync over the mobile network. You will not require the Link software for syncing addresses. The Link will be good for your backing up, and restoring if ever necessary.

It seems nobody seems to get this or they are out of touch.

As for the other phones on the market, the Blackberry for business is still the most secure. I would not trust Andriod for serious business where security is important. As for another big cell phone competitor which I will not mention the name, they are the worse for security (many ID and financial thefts), the most expensive to use, and the best for enternainment and games.

Jerry G.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Jerry, that's not a true solution for those that don't want to use Outlook.com for their email. There are glitches there. It is one workaround-type solution. The true solution will come with updates to the Link software. Hopefully sooner than later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!