Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,848
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

jerryg50 wrote:

There is a solution to sync to Outlook with the Z10.

It seems nobody seems to get this or they are out of touch.

Workaround does not equal solution.

Jerry, I'm may be out of touch, but it is not a solution. It is a partial workaround, at best.

I DO have the outlook workaorund installed, and it's just not completely a solution.

• For instance, my calendar invites to my private email domain recevied on the Z10 do not come to my outlook.com account, they come to my private domain and therefore are not saved to the correct calendar.
  • My sent from Z10 calendar invites come from the outlook.com account, not my private business domain email, and that has an unprofessional air about it.

It can be a solution for some. It is not a solution for all.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

Some like the Outlook.com workaround because it's not a workaround for them. If you use Outlook.com it's not even a workaround, it works as designed. If you don't, it's a workaround and has issues. BB has indicated that they are fixing the sync issue. I don't understand why you insist on trolling the thread.

I have plenty of issues with the device. If BB spends as much energy on those items as they have spent on this issue I'll be happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
granrog
My Device: Blacberry 10
My Carrier: BELL

I will be taking my BB Z10 back...I upgraded from a BB 9380 which accomodated Outlook 2010. I was never informed BB Z10 did not have the same options! RIM should be more interested in a customer's needs!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

KevinG99_AB wrote:
Interesting - I went to the beta site and signed up, put Z10 in my profile and It said I qualified for four beta programs. I signed up for two, and after getting the download links guess what - I get a message for each saying that the two programs won't work on OS 10. Haha! Is it me?

The Beta Zone allows you to add your Z10 device, but currently all programmes in the Beta Zone is about the other phones (up to BlackBerry 7).

The only thing related to the Z10 is a poll (for some people only).

I guess programmes for the Z10 will arrive later...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mpzt
My Device: z10

Hello J 

yes the galaxy does synch to outlook via the usb, not quite as good as the old DM as you can only specify direction of synch on contacts and not calender. 

I don't know what it was about the email accounts. I have five and none would set up on the z10, spent three+ hours on the phone to tech who in the end said it was my contract plan - yet it worked for the 8900. Then spent two hours in the ee store (staff where really helpful) and despite persistant effort they couldn't resolve it. The support number they had from the Blackberry rep was a dud. In the end I couldn't lose anymore time on tech issues. The Samsung was up and running with my email accounts within the hour. Screen quality is not as good as the z10 but I am just glad to be up and running again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry do need to get this sync to Outlook (two way) up and running very quickly (among other teething  issues), if they want to keep all but the most die hard of BB users.

With the new phones from other manufacturers soon to be released,  they will look  more attractive than a Z10 or even a Q10 even to loyal BB users.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

mpzt wrote:

Then spent two hours in the ee store (staff where really helpful) and despite persistant effort they couldn't resolve it. The support number they had from the Blackberry rep was a dud.

Personally, I would have told you to call EE, explain the issue and have it escalated to Blackberry tech support.

The EE people IN the stores are sales resps. They know little more than where the power plug might be.

Sorry for your experience. Should have been better.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gregzebest
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: ROGERS

Yes you're right

I replying for beta testing program , earlier in the post

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mpzt
My Device: z10

Hi J 

Precisely did that, 3 hrs spent on the phone with Blackberry tech spt and no joy other than to be told it was my contract. Store was the final stage of the problem solving sequence.  

Please use plain text.
JSanders

oh,. I misunderstood your post to say the BlackBerry support number was a dud, in that the actual phone number was no good.  All too confusing when it's different than you actually stated.

Ok. Take care.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.