Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
gregzebest
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I find another solution , I didn't like send all my info to the cloud.

So I tryed Zimbra  (open source version : https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/os-downloads.html) + Zpush 2.0 for use Atcive sync and push technoloy http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/index.php?pages_id=58&t=News

some tutos :

http://www.geeklk.com/2012/02/how-to-setup-zimbra-open-source-mail-server-on-ubuntu-10-04/

http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/z-push-and-zimbrabackend-the-zimbra-companion-for-mob...

I configure my Z10 with add accound, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and it's working , faster than outlook.com :smileyhappy:

Also you can use Zimbra Destop application for Linux or Windows to access to your Zimbra

I'm newbie on Linux so I spend 4 hours to setup and configure my server. But I'm prefer keep my data on my server instead send to the cloud.

Contributor
mpzt
My Device: z10

sequence was

day 1

recieve phone - very exicted - like what I see - become increasingly frustrated at the email failure, become perplexed at outlook omission, spend  a few hours researching on web, no soution works

1. call tech spt through my providor, Orange - brief problem solving, put on hold for 20 minutes, then hung up and didn't call back

next day 

2. Try again to set up emails, go to a meeting, return and call tech spt through my providor Orange - passed on to specific Blackberry spt - 2.5 hrs with them on hold at various times, told it is was due to my contract plan 

3. In to store to discuss contract plan, they questioned that, tried problem solving emails in store, 2 hrs, had a blackberry tech spt number given to them by Blackberry rep - they called and had no answer

4. return home, not happy

Next day

6. feedup, negotiate with store to take phone back, solution in place.

That is the end for me, best of luck Blackberry

Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10

I  asked some moderator to delete my account because I think this forum isa biased joke populated by paid BB sychophants.

They tell me they cant...

LOL. Ok,  SO I cant leave.  Im in purgatrory.  

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You don't have to come back!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
BBuserZ10
My Device: Z10

I cannot understand where all these guys getting all the problems from.

I have my Z10 set up in minutes. Four different emails including gmail, hotmail, business email, linkedin email, etc are working just perfect. Yes, there is sync over USB problem, but the resolution is coming.

By the way, I've got adobe flash player running on my Z10. I've got google navigation system running. Yes, I was playing with my phone and just side loaded these android apps, but they work! I'm sure they will be coming in BB World soon.

Look at Taki SIP phone, it is already in BB World. This is simple VOIP phone you can setup with any VOIP provider and make calls to/from anywhere in the world for almost nothing. I tested it myself and now connected to my family overseas at any time.

P.S. I'm not paid BB advertiser, or BB psychopath,etc. I've got my Z10 just over a week ago and like it. Yes I need these few patches from RIM they are working on, and I'm sure the patches are coming.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

I  asked some moderator to delete my account because I think this forum isa biased joke populated by paid BB sychophants.

They tell me they cant...

LOL. Ok,  SO I cant leave.  Im in purgatrory.  

Bud, you have more problems than this forum.

Who can we pay to delete you account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BBuserZ10 wrote:

P.S. I'm not paid BB advertiser, or BB psychopath,etc. I've got my Z10 just over a week ago and like it. Yes I need these few patches from RIM they are working on, and I'm sure the patches are coming.

Dang, you didn't get paid this week? Are ya holding out for more?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
granrog
My Device: Blacberry 10

Attempted to dowload Outlook 2010...Only to have my retailer confirm that BB Z10 did not make Outlook compatible like earlier additions. I also tried to download Zimbra...works great on my home computer howver, was unable to use Zimbra BB connector ob Z10. Taking the cell phone back in the morning...get a more user friendly product!
Contributor
slimmer1972
My Device: BB - Z10

I returned 10 (mine and 9 employees) z10s today, after 5 hours of phone support and countless hours of attempted workarounds on my unit alone, b/c of this Outlook issue. What a headache. My 3 yr old Apple-product-that-shall-go-unnamed synced back immediately, including my contacts & calendars with Outlook. Maybe next time, BB.
New Contributor
granrog
My Device: Blacberry 10

I totally agree with you decision.  I just returned my Z10 today.  The provided attempted to tell me that the phone was campatible however, after over two hours, the tech told me it was not.  Very disappointed with BB's new model.