Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I am sorry to say that not everyone has a Windows PC, there is no connector available for Mac Outlook users so your fix is only for PC users. It is also very fiddly and yout udates better have the fix avaialble for all PC and Mac users.

I am already having to put up with lesser functionality then my Iphone 4S. If these essential business tools cannot be fixed then there is no real advantage to Blackberry and your company will become irrelevant.

Please act fast as you have already made too many mistakes with the launch of a product with essential functionality missing and numerous bugs and glitches on your software that does not inspire confidence.

The fact that you do not offer direct support for the device I think shows your lack of confidence in the device. 

I am new to Blackberry adnd altough I like the phone, I will be going back to iPhone next year if you don't fix the issues fast. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Tiger shark, because BlackBerry utilizes a carrier support model does not relate to any "Fact" about confidence in a product. That is your opinion.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Yes it is my opinion, does that mean it has no value? It is my opinion that. That Blackberry should provide direct support to customers for a period of time. Carrier support is just not the same and most people would understand that.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That has been the support model since the very beginning. Whether it is good or bad is irrelevant. We can't change it. We don't worn for BB. It certainly doesn't show any lack of confidence in the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I only say that your opinion does not automatically make it fact as you first stated it was.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I found out the other night when discussing a support problem with someone, he was telling me that Blackberry is strongly looking at adding the Outlook sync to the Link software. Apparently, they are working out some complications with the new software design and Outlook. This feature may be coming in one of the up comming updates. He was not able to give me a time frame.

As for now, I am syncing the phone to Hotmail, and have Outlook synced to Hotmail. Outlook is syncing in a round-about way over the net. This works!

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I was told it is supposed to be comming in one of the later updates. It could take a number of months more.  I am told it is being worked on. Blackberry received many thousands of complaints about this one!

You can sync Outlook to to Hotmail, and then sync the phone to Hotmail. This is a workable solution.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It was posted about officially in this very thread. One way transfer and then full sync is coming.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
biznessninja
My Device: Current: Z10 / Previous: Bold 9900, 9000, 8700

yes, setting u p my new Z10 has been a royal pain in the **bleep**, several times I have almost taken it back and gone for a route that I dont want, but wil just work, like a major manufacturers phone should. that being said here is where I am:

- I use a macbook, with Outlook 2011, getting anything to sync to outlook has nbeen unsucessful and very frustrating.  I have currently migrated to using the ical calendar.  I still use outlook for email, I have set up my email account on the Z10 and they work fine.

- I also need to be able to sync multiple calendars with google.  the best way to do this was to pay the 50 bucks a year and get a paid google app account, then with activesync I snced up the google calendars, email and contacts.  A bonus is that now I get this usage on my playbook as well by just adding the account, very cool.

- Once I did that I bought from BB world calendar sync - work awesome and for the 2 bucks had it on my Z10 and playbook, with this i get full sync on multiple calendars from gmail across my Z10 and Playbook - syncs both ways and is push.  

- i then synced my google app account to ical calendar and it also works amazing, so everything is syncing on all devices.

- I am working on importing my contacts into google and mac contacts to have them all up to date.  I have confirmed that new entires are syncing but ones that were already in my phone do not seem to sync over, so i will have to export them and import them to google and mac contacts.

- as for outlook (which i have used for 15 years) i am working around it but hope that a solution comes soon.  I believe that using outlook.com or microsoft 365 lets you use activesync which is great for the phone, but I havent figured out if i can sync up my current outlook using this method.

- I did not have any luck using icloud for syncing to my phone.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

biznessninja wrote:

yes, setting u p my new Z10 has been a royal pain in the **bleep**, several times I have almost taken it back and gone for a route that I dont want, but wil just work, like a major manufacturers phone should. that being said here is where I am:

- I use a macbook, with Outlook 2011, getting anything to sync to outlook has nbeen unsucessful and very frustrating.  I have currently migrated to using the ical calendar.  I still use outlook for email, I have set up my email account on the Z10 and they work fine.

- I also need to be able to sync multiple calendars with google.  the best way to do this was to pay the 50 bucks a year and get a paid google app account, then with activesync I snced up the google calendars, email and contacts.  A bonus is that now I get this usage on my playbook as well by just adding the account, very cool.

- Once I did that I bought from BB world calendar sync - work awesome and for the 2 bucks had it on my Z10 and playbook, with this i get full sync on multiple calendars from gmail across my Z10 and Playbook - syncs both ways and is push.  

- i then synced my google app account to ical calendar and it also works amazing, so everything is syncing on all devices.

- I am working on importing my contacts into google and mac contacts to have them all up to date.  I have confirmed that new entires are syncing but ones that were already in my phone do not seem to sync over, so i will have to export them and import them to google and mac contacts.

- as for outlook (which i have used for 15 years) i am working around it but hope that a solution comes soon.  I believe that using outlook.com or microsoft 365 lets you use activesync which is great for the phone, but I havent figured out if i can sync up my current outlook using this method.

- I did not have any luck using icloud for syncing to my phone.

You should be able to install the Hotmail connector and sync Outlook to Outlook.com.  I don't think it does Notes (Memos) or Tasks.  It is a bit cumbersome if you don't want to use outlook.com for your main email, though. 

Please use plain text.