Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Thanks for the post. It is very good to hear that it is not just me that is going through this nightmare. I will also try the outlook account route to sync with the Z10. The sooner we get sync through blackberry link the better for all users. Thanks again. 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

FYI...for information on using Outlook.com as the "intermediary" between the Outlook client and a Z10, see here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Carrier: Telus

Great News but when I just downloaded the software on friday and still now sync feature.....So when ? Had I known that it was not capable of outlook sync I would not have bought the phone as it is that important !
Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ritewaylock wrote:
.....So when ?

No one knows when... but if you read the blog post, I believe it says in the next few weeks.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Just got back from a trade show in San Diego last week & I am happy to report that the interim ad hoc sync through Outlook.com kept me alive while on the road. It's still a pain having two calendars in my desktop Outlook, etc. & I am really looking forward to doing a factory reset on my Z10 when the new Outlook sync feature is added to BBLink so I can dump all that clutter & start afresh, with a clean data set.

Further on the positive side though, I was delighted to have the Z10 with me. The keyboard predictive text had me writing the most literate emails I've ever written via phone & I didn't have to open my laptop at night throughout the entire week. It's always a chore having to fire up the laptop after a long day of standing at the trade show, & an even longer night of entertaining customers, but thankfully, this phone obviates the need for the most part!

Needless to say, I enjoyed showing off the Z10 to our southern cousins & many, though perhaps they were just being nice as is their wont, expressed interest in giving it a serious look when it launches in the US. While I support the notion of a phone having a decent camera for quick work shots, memory joggers, etc.  I tended to be somewhat dismissive of camera features like the "wind it back & forth" thing & the Story Maker functionality. Guess what I found myself using regularly & with great gusto! I even created an instant movie for a retiring colleague who was attending his last trade show with us, much appreciated by all. At the end of that, I can only say that I guess I can be led after all & the Z10 is leading me to some things that I couldn't quite have imagined before getting my hands on it.

Back to the more serious stuff for one last comment. I was used to deleting emails from my old Torch & then reviewing everything again on my desktop Outlook upon returning to the office, where I could decide what to keep & delete. Despite my earlier critiism of this lack on the Z10, it was nice to come back to a relatively clean inbox & I'm getting used to the concept! That said, I'm always a supporter of user choice but all in all, a great experience for my first longer absence from the office with the Z10. By & large, the new phone delivers a very nice, fluid user experience. It may not be perfect yet but when I found myself trying to use BB10 gestures on my Android tablet & my wife's iPad, I knew they'd done something right!

And thank you to the folks at BB for hearing the message on the Outlook sync need, that really is a big one for those of us structured to work that way.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

BrockLtd wrote:

It's still a pain having two calendars in my desktop Outlook, etc.

Oh....actually, you can eliminate that clutter...see the post linked in message 422 above...it's a tedious process, but indeed results in reducing the clutter.

Of course, if you truly want to abandon OTA sync entirely, then you may not want to go through that process.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Well Said!
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I'm walking around with egg on my face. I have been a loyal BB user and the only one left in my office - says a lot. I bought the new BB Z10, had no idea BB would drop the USB synch and go back to have to reboot every hour when it freezes - not looking good. I too have tried to follow the Outlook directions, they don't make any sense and are impossible for any business to implement. If this isn't resolved within a week I'll have no choice but to drop BB - this is a major insult to undermine or not understand your customers basic needs.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch, BB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I just want to be clear.  At present, the new BB Z10 does not sync with Microsoft Office?  If so, this is a game changer for me.  I rely on Office syncing with my phone to keep track of appointments and contacts and emails.  I recently purchased a BB Playbook so I could have a tablet that syncs with my phone.  So far I'm loving the Playbook.  The price was right and it does what i need it to do.  I have been following the news on the new phones being released by RIM and i was looking forward to upgrading my old BB Torch to a new Z10 but that will not be happening.  I use Outlook for everything, email, contacts, calendar.  I love the fact that every device i have, from computer, phone and tablet stays synced.  I resisted switching to an iphone or Galaxy Note because of it.  Now will I have to rethink my position?  I would be interested in being kept updated on the company's plans for the future.  Your nich has always been buisness.  Many people I know carry two phones, a BB for work and anouther for play.  Why can't we have both?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

It is dissapointing that BB didn't really take a good look at what many of their current customers feel is the most important feature, however we do know that the sych feature is coming  very soon.  They have not given an exact date but If I were a betting man I would say it would/should happen prior to the US launch which is in approximately a month.