Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Rick_RT
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: New Banking Apps Coming to Z10 - You May be Happy to Know

I second the above post.  My business in the UK relies on syncing via USB to Outlook and a speedy implementation to this would be appreciated.

I have always loved the BlackBerry ecosystem but the lack of this functionality is preventing me from moving to the Z10.

As well as being able to sync Outlook contacts and calendars through USB with Outlook (although not tasks) on iPhone; I have rececived confirmation from the developers of 'Android-Sync' that their product is specifically designed to undertake this task on all Android devices, including new handsets from Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc.

I desperately want to stick with BlackBerry but this feature is vital for me and my business.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Rick_RT wrote:

As well as being able to sync Outlook contacts and calendars through USB with Outlook (although not tasks) on iPhone; I have rececived confirmation from the developers of 'Android-Sync' that their product is specifically designed to undertake this task on all Android devices, including new handsets from Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc.

If a customer is concerned or even slightly cares about security of their data, they would not even begin to look at Android products.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rick_RT

You are absolutely right, I agree. I value my data far too much to use an Android device and never will.

I guess that I was venting my frustration at not having the USB Outlook sync that I have relied on hitertoo.  I have been following the development of the Z10 ever since it was announced and so want this functionality :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)

The delay in getting a working sync by USB cable, is only adding to a public perception, regardless of whether its right  or wrong,  that Blackberry have problems, have rushed an already late to market product and  are gravitating to an iPhone and Android  clone.

Yes, Blackberry should have a device to grab the market away from iPhone and Android, but they should have launched with a rock solid business sync in all forms for outlook from day 1, for its faithful followers.

This would have given us the 'WOW' factor to an already good device, unfortunately 'wow' became 'woe' for many of us.

All that happened is the return of Z10 devices from faithful users disappointed in no USB sync, because they have no desire to be landed with a device they cannot use to best advantage.  Work arounds just drive people to iPhone/android.

With no date when USB sync is available, those with stand alone pc's needing USB sync will also move to other devices.

Blackberry, a plea to you, I returned my Z10 over this issue, I so wanted to use the device to its full potential in my business and personal life, but, like many others, I  need to know when the update will be released.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krittinger
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Great,

I bought the new Blackberry 10, and have had it for two weeks. I have just had time to sit down and figure out that it will not sync with my outlook calendar and contacts using blackberry link and the USB connection. Blackberry, you have got to be kidding me right? UNBELIEVABLE!!!! After looking through the help and forums.....Nope I guess it can't be done.

Really , I think you need to give your head a shake on this one Blackberry team.......what were you thinking..Or maybe you weren't. Took the gamble to support a Canadian Company and jobs...And now have a phone that does not meet my expected needs with a 3 year contract...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

krittinger wrote:

And now have a phone that does not meet my expected needs with a 3 year contract...

It seems perhaps you have not fully read all that is published on the topic...while it's not available right now, it will be "soon"...certainly before your 3 year contract term expires.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Good news!

As promised by Ty earlier in this thread one-way sync from Outlook to the BlackBerry Z10 is now available.

Download from http://blackberry.com/blackberrylink

Again, it's one-way only from Outlook to Z10. Full two-way sync is coming but not yet available. Hopefully, this release is a partial solution for everyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rick_RT

Thank you for the update!

It's certainly a positive step forward.  For me personally I have to wait for two-way sync but it's great news.

John, can you or Ty advise is this sync (albeit one-way) includes Outlook Tasks or is it restricted to contacts and calendar?

Thank you,

Richard

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Rick, it is restricted to one-way transfer of contacts and calendar.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rick_RT

Ok thanks!

Would you have any idea if tasks will be included in a later update?

Rick
Please use plain text.