Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

highlandit wrote:

Thank you for your most helpful interjection, JSanders, particularly clarifying on behalf of RIM employees that "they already did, in this forum on Feb 12th".

Perhaps you would be so kind as to check my arithmetic too.  According to my calculation, 52 days have passed since Feb 12th.  What figure do you get?

highlandit
, sorry, you mistated (intentionally) what I stated. Nothing I posted was "clarifying on behalf of RIM employees".  Just giving you a reference since you asked.

I care nothing about your math skills.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
DetectiveBill
My Device: Z10

New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I could not agree more, I used the Curve for more than five years, this is unbelievable!! I may have to return the device and go i-phone, which I understand syncs seamlessly with Outlook.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I wouldn't say seamlessly. There are limitations on iOS sync too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)

It is plain now that loyal Blackberry users, many whom are  small business owners, are now becoming extremely frustrated with lack of progress made and Blackberry’s lack of information on updates.

They feel they have been duped, and considering the time it took to get a Z10 to market, sense Blackberry will delay for as long as possible the development of a full 2-way USB sync to Outlook/contacts/notes etc.

Advising early adopters of the Z10 (and soon the Q10),  that it will be sorted sometime this year, is not providing any appreciation that this is in any way a priority to Blackberry.

I doubt anyone wants an in-depth breakdown on the problem and when the exact time and hour a solution will be made available, but a regular progress report on how progress is being made and a forecast date would help.

The very people affected by this USB  sync problem, are those who are most loyal to the brand and have waited for a Z10/Q10, which was late to launch, believed in the hype and were first adopters.

The lack of function of USB sync, a core feature for many, has become a focus for the lack of foresight by Blackberry and their limited responses on the matter has led to many vent frustration and question their loyalty to Blackberry.

Many are past the time limit in which they can return their devices  and question why they stayed  loyal to Blackberry when other smartphones offer USB sync without work arounds or less work arounds

Contributor
DetectiveBill
My Device: Z10

New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

In actuality being that Z10 only came out last Thursday, Verizon customers (such as myself) have 15 days to return. I'm watching the clock. I went to a verizon store and a very nice sales person suggested the Microsoft Nokia Lumia, it does have a platform that supports Outlook. Didn't spend a ton of time playing with it, however, I will look into that as a fix to my problem.

I was also told by a very smart person that BlackBerry wants to withhold a sync to Outlook in the hopes that large companies, IBM, Amex, Chrsyler, Mobil, etc who use BB will purchase the BlacBerry servers from them that will host Outlook, Lotus Notes etc.

I look forward to additional thoughts, comments and feedback.

Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)

The Z10 was launched in the UK at the end of January, and many delayed returning their Z10's back in the hope of full 2 way sync by USB was imminent.

Hopefully, with launch of Q10 imminent, the 2 way sync will be made available, or the dedicated keyboard lovers will also be very disappointed.

Contributor
KevinG99_AB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700

My z10 continues to tell me I have new items in appworld but no new items exist. The desktop software still loads slow and the outlook one way sync still sucks as it doesn't do Notes. "Sloppy" and "rushed" are the only two words I can think of re this product but BBerry has had a couple years and a good prior platform to get things right.

If the holdout for the servers thing is true and is what is trust holding up sync updates it's yet another b.s. move in my books and very unfortunate.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

KevinG99_AB wrote:
My z10 continues to tell me I have new items in appworld but no new items exist.

That's quite unrelated to Outlook. What do you mean it show tells you have you new items in appworld?

KevinG99_AB wrote:
 as it doesn't do Notes.

Remember is the new notes app.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
KevinG99_AB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700

I get the asterisk on my app world icon but there's nothing new that seems to justify it. That relates (albeit loosely) to the sync issue in that it appears to be the same sort of oversight/neglect behind it - a simple thing that worked properly before that now doesn't. People are expressing frustration that 2 way sync still doesn't work and I'm doing the same in a similar context is all.

As for the Remember app, sure that's the new Notes app but does it either a) sync one way to the deice now via Link, or b) sync with Outlook.com through BBerry's suggested work around? Again - oversight or neglect here? I don't know.

And yes, Evernote is better and I do use it, but then we get into the whole cloud vs desktop issue again which seems to have been far lower an issue on the list of important things than say, getting Angry Birds Star Wars on board. :smileyhappy:

My point once again is that these appear to be very simple things that are neglected/overlooked in Bberry's apparent pursuit of making the Z10 more of a toy for iphone haters than a business phone for the loyal small business previous Blackberry user.

I'm still waiting/hoping to migrate completely to my Z10 from iPhone but thanks to these issues I still can't. 14 months later and still no 2 way sync? Someone "missed" the fact in testing that Notes might be important to sync just like iPhone does already, or that deleting a preloaded junk app is going to cause the OS to ask you to "update" to the same version you already have from before? Ridiculous in my opinion.

While BBerry is parading Alicia Keys around and saying daily how "cool" and "fun" the phone is for music, movies, and games, us business owners have been waiting a couple months now for any sort of an update on what should be a very simple but necessary issue around Outlook.

Sorry for the rant! :smileyhappy:
JSanders

Ok. All except for one is off topic in this thread.

Knowledge Base Updates