Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers/Sprint

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Thanks largely to "Lean" and the concept of MVP's there's more a desire to just get something out there half-baked than something truly ready for market. That's not blackberry per se, but rather the whole tech industry and it's still not something I've accepted or wish to validate.

Plus, I work in a number of public companies and unless there's a date or something tangible these sorts of announcements don't go through legal. Hope isn't intention or a promise, and it's more a matter of customer relations anyways. They can leak through crackberry as a rumor if they want to cover their butts.

I think it's simply low on their priority list and they have bigger things and prospects to worry about with the very finite resources they have, and A stock market wanting big numbers and instant wins posting yesterday regardless of what Mr. Small Business guy thinks. So be jt.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I fear that you have probably hit it on the head.

Not good!!

PJCMoray
PJCMoray
Solutions: 6,123
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I think they're working on this more than we believe.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I just got off the phone with Mr. Siede of BB Customer Service, 877-255-2377, he asured me that within 30-90 days BB Z10 will sync to MS Outlook, he states it will either be a upgrade to BlackBerry Link or a new type of BB Desktop Manager. Let's keep our fingers, toes and everything else crossed!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Good stuff! This confirms what many have been saying on this thread - BB are definitely reading, listening and, most important of all, are decided to do something about the issue!

I shall now buy the Q10 in a couple of weeks when it comes out - hopefully!

PJCMoray

PJCMoray
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Download this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/Google-Calendar-Sync.shtml

Use it to sync Outlook to Google.

Point the Z-10 at your Google Calendar.

Works right now, here, today.

Microsoft is not CalDAV compliant.  Google is.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
New Contributor
My Device: z10

I returned my Z10 today, just under the 14 day return deadline for Verizon, I am hoping what BB customer service says is true and that the update will come with the software. I tried every suggestion from this topic over the past two weeks and nothing synced properly, very frustrating. The phone was also have major issues with sending/receiving texts and emails. Worked through all of that with tech support several times only to have it reoccur. Could have been a faulty phone, but Verizon's return policy only allows for the the one 14 day time period. If I exchanged it the 14 days does not restart and I would have been stuck with what I feel is a sub par phone. May try the Q10, but will probably come back here first before I do to see what issues it ishaving

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

We have a number of Z10 phones. We have no issues as you are describing.

This must be an issue with the carrier. Was the phone on a proper Blackberry account setup with the carrier?  Or did you simply swap in the SIM card from another non Blackberry phone?

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: Z10

New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

@ Jerry, are you operating on a B.E.S. that supports Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc???

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers/Sprint

Great to hear!! Thanks for sharing!