Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
JeffHyslop
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: rogers tbaytel

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Hurry up
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JMBMichell
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

BB Z10 is a toy do not buy it if you want a serious business tool.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

How insightful. Mine does everything I need to take care of my business.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

I am sorry for you to say, "I fully disagree with your comment". 

We use BlackBerry phones for our business. We are now using the Z10. We are also looking at the Q10. The Z10 screen is a bit larger for Web based work. 

In business we need tasks, scheduling, document and spread sheet reading, strong email capability, very good quality phone performance, and strong browsing to be able to run Web based applications. The Z10 fit in to all of this compared to most of the others. A very big plus on top of all this is the security of the BlackBerry phone, and the strong local support for it. On the hardware side the BlackBerry is of high quality assembly using high quality components. 

Corporate decisions for our phones are taken on practicality, performance, security, service, and the strong capability to be able to backup my up the user data. The BlackBerry phones fall in to these categories. 

If you want a toy with poor security instead of a real communications device then there is a lot of choice out there.  

My job requires very reliable mobie communications, management, and efficiency. I deal with many clients through the day.  

Historically BlackBerry has been very reliable to make improvements with their updates. Thks is a big long term plus. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Agreed. Whatever its sync problems and issues with calendar event postings, the Z10 is an outanding business tool and represents a worthy successor the Bold, Curve etc.

Roll on the Q10!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JMBMichell

How do you sync your calenders and contacts? The bold did it without issue and was a daily routine to keep everything up to date. Now everything needs double entry. Definitely a backwards step.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JMBMichell

Like syncing photos and music. I don't need that for my business.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

PJCMoray wrote:
Agreed. Whatever its sync problems and issues with calendar event postings, the Z10 is an outanding business tool and represents a worthy successor the Bold, Curve etc.

Roll on the Q10!!

Yes, the Z10 is an outstanding business tool!

But only if you are lucky enough to have an employer that has implemented BB Enterprise10 or you can afford the expenses to run it on your own server!

For the small business owner, requiring full two sync for Outlook/contacts etc, it is an expensive media mobile, requiring 3rd party worka rounds, that make it no different from any other smart phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
highlandit
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: O2

I have had another small business client asking about migrating from Torch to Z10, concerned at the reports of sync problems with standalone Outlook. I suggested he wait until this is resolved but he is talking about switching reluctantly to iPhone. It perplexes me that a business which is struggling to compete in a highly aggressive smart phone market could miss such an obvious requirement for some of its users. Not good.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JMBMichell wrote:
Like syncing photos and music. I don't need that for my business.

lol, then don't sync your music and photos if you don't need it. (And just by the way, your old BlackBerry also synced music and photos).

I was a heavy user of the manual wired USB desktop Outlook sync. I was also disappointed it was not present (even on the PlayBook almost two years ago) but I have since moved to a wireless Outlook sync set up explained many times elsewhere in this thread and in this forum. If you need help with that, let us know. It works well, not perfect, but is working.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.