If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Here is the latest from the CrackBerry website.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-link-updated-windows-and-mac-brings-sync-enhancements-and-remote-fi...

It seems that the latest update to the link software does not include two way sync for Outlook.

If anyone has an inside track with BlackBerry or if the company wants to please feel free to update on progress.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lucky-th
My Carrier: O2

Watched this since some weeks.

I´m german - not sure if I understood right:

Blackberry is not able to sync (2-way) Outlook (calendar, contacts, tasks, notes) directly via USB/WLAN/BT ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Not yet but the two way sync via USB is coming.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Good evening/afternoon JSanders. I am taking delivery tomorrow, Tuesday morning, here in the UK of my new Q10.

Do you have any news on the synching with Outlook issue?

I will be in touch to brief this thread if there are any significant developments/issues once I have fired up the Q10.

PJCMoray

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,870
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

PJCMoray wrote:

Good evening/afternoon JSanders. I am taking delivery tomorrow, Tuesday morning, here in the UK of my new Q10.

Do you have any news on the synching with Outlook issue?

The issue of syncing to standalone Outlook is one of Link, has nothing to do with the Z10 or Q10 (at this point), so you should notice nothing new or different on the Q10 on this particular issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

OK - that's what I figured. I just wandered whether my BB Link had failed to advise me of a software update.

Apparently, and sadly, not!!

Thanks anyway - and I will continue to update as and when.

PJCMoray
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

Sorry - that should have been "wondered"!!!

PJCMoray
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Carrier: Vodafone

I agree, the good news is that the one way sync works fine as I was able to sync over 600 contacts on my wife's Z10.

Two way sync is still awaited but the bad news is I read on a CrackBerry forum that it could take up to 8 months! That post related to the original announcement about two way sync which was some time ago but still suggests several months
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

OK - but have you managed to get the Z10 to update when you next synched? Have you noticed the problem that I have encountered to which no-one has to-date responded and which is that every time that I re-connect to the BB Link and the contacts supposedly update (which is not every time!), I have seen that every contact which consists only of a company name (so no first name and no family name of an individual), such as a hotel, airline, insurance company etc, the entry is repeated. This is truly exasperating as I have to go throughan entire 1,265 contacts list to delete the duplications.

Come on BB - at least you can sort this out - hopefully???!!

PJCMoray
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,870
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Tigershark24 wrote:

Two way sync is still awaited but the bad news is I read on a CrackBerry forum that it could take up to 8 months! That post related to the original announcement about two way sync which was some time ago but still suggests several months

That eight months is purely an assumption. It could be eight months.

The original BlackBerry post on the issue stated "later this year", so that could be mean anywhere from March to December.

Could be May. If someone wants to assume that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.