Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

That's because the kids love a new toy to play with.  I was looking for a business phone. I agree BB are expanding their appeal to a younger generation but as an oldie wanting secure reliabilty and functionality I am at odds with this latest handset. I use few apps but the few I did use on my old BB are no longer available. I have to keep it running on the side to fulfill the requirement.  Hardly ideal. I suspect I am no longer their target audience.

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JMBMichell wrote:

That's because the kids love a new toy to play with.  I was looking for a business phone. I agree BB are expanding their appeal to a younger generation but as an oldie wanting secure reliabilty and functionality I am at odds with this latest handset. I use few apps but the few I did use on my old BB are no longer available. I have to keep it running on the side to fulfill the requirement.  Hardly ideal. I suspect I am no longer their target audience.

Apps, such as?  Of course that's all offtopic to this thread, but is a complete mess already.

I don't know what 'target audience' you think BlackBerry is targetting. I just keep learning, try other apps, find workarounds etc. I operate well on the Z10, and so does my own business. I whined when Ituit quit supporting QuickBooks 2009... but I finally moved on to 2010, 2013, etc. Was intuit targetting a younger audience with all the NEW **bleep** in Quickbooks? Or did I just need to adapt to a changing world and technology. I remember when users scoffed at BlackBerry Messenger. Was that a big deal for RIM or not? Were targeting a younger audience (I recall all the naysayers and "who wants to message with friends all the time?" comments.

Times change.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

There are 61 pages of views here and we are none the wiser on progress with this issue. I have to agree this post has wondered to discussion about third party solutions but this because BlackBerry has failed to keep customers updated. Whilst this may be historically typical behaviour I do not find it to be acceptable. BlackBerry has an obligation to keep customers updated on progress with this and other issues of clear concern. I don't think I am the only one.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
JB Mitchell, if I understand correctly you suggested M and BB were the only phones to do the sync with Outlook well. I use iPhone and iTunes which does a reasonable job ( I carry both iPhone and BB device, Torch until recent unsuspecting "upgrade" to Z10. The redundant systems are sort of like RAID for smartphones). Someone else posted the name of a 3rd party app for Android, though not a platform I'm willing to use just yet.

Tigershark, have you called Vodafone and actually escalated this issue with them to BlackBerry Tech support?

You should. You will get an incident number and tracking. And you should be updated.

I would NEVER recommend relying on this user to user forum for updates and "official" notifications.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

I think that will be liking jumping out of the frying pan into the fire! The essential message is that there is no direct way to communicate our concerns to BlackBerry. Does any think that is good customer service?

I think this will have to be the last word from me on this issue as it seems there is no prospect of a proper update from BlackBerry. I think people have to reach their own conclusion and consider alternative solutions if they cannot wait for an indeterminate period for a fix.

Tigershark24 wrote:
I think that will be liking jumping out of the frying pan into the fire! The essential message is that there is no direct way to communicate our concerns to BlackBerry. Does any think that is good customer service?

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. There is a way to communicate this directly to BlackBerry, but if you refuse to do it... then you get what you got.

Man speaking to friend: "My arm hurts so bad, so much pain!"

Friend: "Do you think it is broken, have you been to the doctor to find out?"

Man: "No, I don't want to do to what YOU suggest, I want YOU to tell me here what is wrong with my arm. I will NOT go to the doctor!"

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
JSanders, someone else suggested the same for me, call AT&T. I did. They were useless. They referred me to BB. BB needs to take ownership of this issue. If anyone on this forum REALLY IS SERIOUS ABOUT HAVING AN IMPACT ON THIS ISSUE, create a free account on seekingalpha.com. It is a business website that has a section dedicated to BBRY and raise these issues there. If nothing else just go the website and search ticker BBRY. If you register (again, free!) you can make comments that are as short as a word or multiple paragraphs (I have no $$ affil with the website). You do not need an MBA to provide feedback, only a brain and your thoughts. Your comments will be posted and available for those who follow Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, WSJ, Barrons, etc. There are approximately 22,000 people registered to get comments automatically on BBRY, plus anyone else who just follows a link to the website from these finance sites. It is only when this issue gets more public views and when others realize device sales and BBRY stock price is at stake that we may get a response from BBRY or a faster fix. I post comments on this site and when I raise this issue I have gotten labelled as a BB hater who wants to see the stock price fall when in fact I want this %#^^^ problem fixed and BBRY to succeed. You can see my posts on that site under same username. Team, give me some backup! Most of the biz people who write comments on that site don't understand the implications of cloud sync and think there are only 1 or 2 people on the planet who think USB sync matters to anyone. They need to hear your voices!!!!! They need to hear that real users, real companies may turn their back on the new devices if this functionality is not restored. Don't leave me twisting in the wind. Register and make your voices heard. You will see my links back to your comments on these forum pages, but unless others are willing to speak up independently I'm just considered a freak who won't give in to their "new reality" that the cloud is the only place that matters, security be damned. I hope to see some of you raise this issue on that site and we can stand united.
New Contributor

Hallo -

maybe I see just one aspect. I am using MS Active Sync since we have an Exchange Server running. So my eMails are  synchronized. A sent email appears also in Outlook. it takes maybe a couple of minutes before it appears also there.

i am more concerned that existing infrastructure BBEXS does not work anymore with the new phone .

Ronald

MPF94025 wrote:
JSanders, someone else suggested the same for me, call AT&T. I did. They were useless. They referred me to BB. BB needs to take ownership of this issue.

Then you have a HUGE argument with ATT, to whom YOU pay your monthly service and for support.

So, when you were referred to "BB", what happened. You seemed to end your story short.

Knowledge Base Updates