Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
MPF94025
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

Tigershark, thanks for the update and feedback. Will checkout  the BB World Reviews.i  may yet give the product a try as I did BB10 PC Outlook sync as I'm in dear need of getting my life organized as when I had my Torch.

Product very easily could be too good to be true. As I mentiond, BB10 PC Outlook sync appears from the same company, and I could not get it to work, nor have I heard back from their support team that bugs they replicated have been worked out. I could only sync a portion of contacts, no calendar, tasks, or memo items.

Out of curiosity, will see what users other platforms say (not that it matters if it doesn't work for BB OS 10).

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I implore those who want this fixed in BB Link, please to go to the financial website seekingalpha.com and let your voice be heard. Nothing will matter more to BB than existing users making a fuss, suggesting that others should not be caught off guard as many of us have, with BB Link not having this functionality. Again, I have no financial stake whatsoever in seekingalpha, and by the way, it is actually a pretty interesting forum listen to the experiences and thoughts of others on BBRY. At least I find it interesting.

I've attached two links. The first is one in which I'm ridiculed for bringing this sync issue into question.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1382341-blackberry-shorts-are-on-borrowed-time#comment-18255471

The second is the general page for articles about BBRY in general. Clearly these blackberry.com  forums are not getting the job done: time to take to the streets, just like iOS users did when Apple got rid of Google Maps. Only when the copmany's future is at stake will executives listen and get a fix to BB Link out thedoor!!

http://seekingalpha.com/symbol/bbry?source=search_general&s=bbry

Or, if Companionlink doesn't work, one can keep calling AT&T......

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAET
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks bercawd,
Are you a user or a supplier? Would I need to buy the CompanionLink app to make this work? Has anyone else use it? We are with Rogers in Canada, actually Waterloo, the RIM Blackberry town.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

MPF94025 wrote:

JSanders, by way of winning your support and understanding, I did the following:

Recommending that we call our carriers and get this fixed through the carriers is going nowhere and is an unproductive use of people's time.

Thanks for all that. AT&T is your problem in this. AT&T certainly DOES support Link, and that is a fact., and should be logging this as an issue for you. Since they are not, that's your issue with AT&T. It's not a waste of time, except when yo run head-on into two stubborn ATT employees who are NOT doing their job.

Anyway, 'nuff said on all this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Tigershark24 wrote:

As for the promoters, clear off this forum.

tigershark, there is absolutely nothing wrong for a developer to announce or support their apps in this forum. That's what THIS forum is intended for. If you haven't noticed, there is an entire section of this forum dedicated TO developers, where BlackBerry assists and works with developers to develop solutions.

What IS absolutely frowned upon is marketing spam by developers or any commercial seller in this forum. I probably report a couple dozen spammers a week in this forum for removal or deletion of their message.

Anyways, all that is somewhat offtopic to this thread, but since you were making demands,.. perhaps understand the difference. What I've seen mentioned of private solution providers in this threads seems acceptable. Now, if they cut and paste and spam a dozen different threads, that's another situation.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MPF94025

[ Edited ]

JSanders

I personally find it unfair, unnecessary, and inappropriate for you to continue to refer to this as MY problem (same with any other user who raises this issue in this forum) with AT&T. Do you think most Z10 or Q10 users are going to the trouble I did to get this matter resolved, and then be lectured by you for failing in some way and leaving the responsibility in the hands of my relationship with AT&T?

What is your responsibility in all this? Willt his be reported to someone higher in the chain of command? Will those in BB tech support who interface with AT&T request that AT&T begin creating "incidents" and giving "incident numbers"?

I can understand that AT&T should be responsible if the functionality is present in BB Link and they can't  implement it.  How  can you possibly be blaming AT&T for this issue when the functionality in BB Link is simply not present in any country on any carrier on planet Earth?

If there is a reference that AT&T is responsible for BB Link please forward as I am willing to call AT&T again and cite this and request an incident number.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

Please refer to the terms and conditions of this forum. This is a peer-to-peer community where users can get help from other users. Occasionally, BB employees chime in but it is NOT an official support channel.

ALL support goes through the carrier first. Then, if they can't resolve the issue you can be escalated to BB. That is the contract between BB and the carriers. You can choose whether or not to like it, that's up to you.

ATT isn't responsible for writing the Link software but they are responsible for support between the device and the software. If it's a problem they can't resolve then they can escalate you for support from BB. Again, that's just how it works. When they escalate it a ticket is created and logged. BB keeps track of those tickets and incident numbers to know how many are having problems with specific issues.

JSanders has given you correct information but, just like most everyone else here, has no responsiblity to report anything and is not a BB employee. He is a dedicated BB user like you and me who likes to help others get the most out of their BB device.
BB has acknowledged that two way sync is coming so it's pointless to go back and forth on this. It can't be done overnight and I'm sure they're not holding it back just to upset people.

Other options and workarounds have been suggested in this thread. Some will like them. Some will not. Everyone must decide what they, individually, want to do with the lack of sync until such time as it becomes supported. Even then, if you download the new software and have problems with it your support channel is still through ATT who will do what they can to help you and then escalate you to BB if they can't. If ATT chooses not to escalate it then you should insist on talking to a supervisor as they are not doing their job.

Hopefully, sync will come soon and this thread will die off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MPF94025

[ Edited ]

John Clark, thank you for your response. If we are going to get this escalated through AT&T and on to BB, we will need more guidance as to how to do this. A chat session, a direct call to tech support, data support, and then from ATT to BB, and then "sorry" is not a solution for BB customers.  Something is seriously wrong with how this is now handled. Why didn't BB request AT&T to write a ticket/incident for this? IMHO, due to the lack of communication on this issue, BB's credibility is taking a big hit.

This is on par with the support AT&T is providing for the Z10 in stores, which is next to nothing. How does BB stand for this?

So, I took the next plunge.

Here is my experience with Companionlink/Deja.....

In order to use this, one must purchase Companionlink as noted. I purchased, and downloaded, to avoid any possible issues with "trialware" limitations, or the potential uninstall/install that sometimes can be required, ending up with double or triple contact lists.

During the installation, and verification process, I indicated that I wanted USB direct sync from Outlook  to BB 10 OS.

After indicating I wanted direct USB two-way sync, I was then presented with a screen that gave two options.

1) The first option was Outlook sync with the DejaOffice CRM app, present in  Blackberry World. If one wanted this approach, then download app via Blackberry world

2) The second option was Outlook sync with the native Blackberry Contacts, Calendar and Remember Apps, then download the DejaHub app via Blackberry world. Clearly, this was what I wanted.

I went to Blackberryworld. I found the DejaOffice app. There was no Dejahub app in Blackberry World as promised. I fired up my BB Torch and looked in the old BB App World. Didn't find it there, either.

I clicked "next" and only then was provided information that DejaHub has been submitted to BB World for approval, but it has not been approved yet (same as BB10 OS PC Outlook sync): an option was given for sideloading the app. Having tried this with BB10 OS PC Sync, which I believe is affiliated with CompanionLink, I believe, I declined. (actually, now having used both products, is unequivocal that both come from the same developer, with the latter product just focused on BB10 OS, unlike CompanionLink and DejaOffice, which are available for multiple platforms, devices. And incidentally, this is a ported Android app, as the instructions refer in multiple places for using this on Android).

With no better solution for the Z10, I downloaded the DejaOffice app. I followed the somewhat convoluted process for proper syncing (Actually, I only downloaded from Outlook, not wanting to inadverently trash my Outlook file). One has to connect, disconnect, and press sync buttons on computer then handheld in a specific order. The sync appears to have worked. It was slow, but not intolerable. But of course, now I have to use two calendars, the native calendar (to which BB Travel, eg, syncs)  and the DejaOffice calendar. It's not a good long term solution, but I will try it out for now.

So, for now, sadly, and barring any oversight on my part, there does not appear to be any two-way USB sync with MS Outlook and NATIVE BB10 OS calendar , contacts, etc. The only sync,  if that works, is with DejaOffice CRM.

DejaOffice may be a fine solution for those seeking a 3rd party app sync, but this is not the solution I was looking for, native integration with BB10 Hub, contacts, calendar, etc.....

I will continue to look to see if I missed some instructions somewhere along the way and will remain a lone voice on business blogs such as seekingalpha.com about this lack of functionality, as well as continue to use my iPhone 5 to do 2 way sync, perhaps will simply make my iPhone 5 this my primary phone and revive the Z10 if/when BB releases Link with the functionality we seek.

A month ago I was cheering ecstatically for BBRY, now just feel like they are any other company. The way this has all been handled from AT&T, to lack of communication on important software, is the antithesis of building a cult following.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Although not with calendar items, and it is pretty iffy with Outlook contacts. See previous posts about duplication.

PJCMoray
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Very much agree. I repeat the DejaOffice/CompanionLink does not synch calendar and is very iffy with Outlook contacts.

This thread should be used for discussing BB solutions to BB problems - not for flogging everyone else's products which may or may not be secure, may or may not work and probably do not do what it says on the tin.

Shameful!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

MPF94025, it's ok that you don't this this "escalation through your mobile provider" process... it's been that way since the beginning of BlackBerry smartphones. BlackBerry's business model and support model is just different than Apple and others. BlackBerry sells through authorized carriers and those carriers "triage" (for lack of a better word) the support and what they can't resolve is escalated up to BlackBerry support. Think of your new automobile being serviced through the authorized dealer, and you don't ship the car back to Detroit or Tokyo for repairs.

Anyway, you and I agree the Outlook two-way wired sync is needed sooner than later. I've personally been involved in trying to get RIM to implement this since before the Z10 launched. Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.