Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Bummer
New Contributor
Blueprintmrk
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

If you can connect to Microsoft exchange through active sync. You can then sync your contacts, tasks, notes, and even your calendar. On an iPhone, android is soon losing the civility at the end of this year. And even the BlackBerry 10. I'm talking you on an iPhone right now You guys are talking about the USB connector. Why would anyone want to have to physically connect their phone to their computer in order to sync the contacts and other useful information iPhone users have not had to do that since day one BlackBerry now has ActiveSync get with the program set up ActiveSync stop worrying about your USB connector

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

Blueprintmrk wrote:
If you can connect to Microsoft exchange through active sync. You can then sync your contacts, tasks, notes, and even your calendar. On an iPhone, android is soon losing the civility at the end of this year. And even the BlackBerry 10. I'm talking you on an iPhone right now You guys are talking about the USB connector. Why would anyone want to have to physically connect their phone to their computer in order to sync the contacts and other useful information iPhone users have not had to do that since day one BlackBerry now has ActiveSync get with the program set up ActiveSync stop worrying about your USB connector

Thank you for your valuable insight into this issue.  If you want to know why people need this functionality please read the thread. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
BAET
My Device: Bold 9900

unfortunately you don't even understand the problem. please read
Visitor
michellecaplan
My Device: bold

unfortunately I have been listening to 'you will be able to sync outlook in the next few weeks ' since the launch of the Z10 so I waited for the Q10 and now we are listening to the same gain..can you give a definative date or will I be forced to take another Bold!!!!! how on earth did you leave this ability out in the first place......blackberry it seems either does not understand its customer base or likes shooting itself in the foot .....i have used blackberry for over 15 years is it time to change ?????
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

michellecaplan wrote:
unfortunately I have been listening to 'you will be able to sync outlook in the next few weeks ' since the launch of the Z10 so I waited for the Q10 and now we are listening to the same gain..can you give a definative date or will I be forced to take another Bold!!!!! how on earth did you leave this ability out in the first place......blackberry it seems either does not understand its customer base or likes shooting itself in the foot .....i have used blackberry for over 15 years is it time to change ?????

I don't know who told you the Outlook sync would be available "in the next few weeks" since the launch, as RIM has never stated that, and never stated anything related to the Outlook sync at the launch, either.

Additionally, you can't have been using a BlackBerry for 15 years. The company has not yet been making the devices for 15 years.

Anyway, I'm in the camp with you awaiting the full Outlook sync. Bring it on, sooner the better.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
bercawd

I got my first my BlackBerry in 2000. A pager like device that changed our world. Who would have thought the technology would evolve to where it is today.
New Contributor
Blueprintmrk
My Device: Z10

So what you're saying is that people are complaining about the ability to attach their phone hopefully because they're either a not using Microsoft exchange or the not using Google apps correct?

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-link-import-outlook/

The video inside the link above please explain exactly why in the link above you give reference to this process and please explain why BlackBerry link is not functioning or is it functioning? And we just don't know
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Blueprintmrk wrote:

The video inside the link above please explain exactly why in the link above you give reference to this process and please explain why BlackBerry link is not functioning or is it functioning? And we just don't know

Who are you talking to?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
bercawd

I for one use Outlook in a standalone mode on my desktop PC which is also my business PC.  There is no enterprise Outlook or Exchange.  I don't use gmail though I do have an account.  My issue with Google is that when you start using Google seems to spread its tentacles throughout your environment - my term is like a virus.

So in standalone, as I make changes to Z10 for calendar and contacts (as the Z10 is my mobile device and with me all time) I need to sync with my desktop PC when I return to the office.

Hence the need for the two way sync like I had with Blackberry Desktop Manager.

A one way push does not work for me.