Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I have to say that dismissing the Z10 and/or Q10 as "not a good product" is quite simply absurd.

I have both products. Both have their issues and the absence of two-way USB synch to Outlook is a well rehearsed aggravation.

But please let's keep things in perspective.

These are new and very advanced products and like any new products they have their bugs. I for one am happy to hang in and wait for the two way synch. For the rest, I am sure that within three months most of the (relatively minor) bugs will have been sorted out through software updates.

PJCMoray - happy user of Blackberry since their products were first introduced in the UK in the 1990s
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I tend to agree that the new phones may have bugs. That said the OS is totally new and taking that into account I see a bright future for BlackBerry.

Unfortunately the customer service is unacceptable. As many loyal customers have been hanging as a result of the sync issue. I know that BlackBerry is looking at ways to replace the dwindling BES revenue and I would suggest support options for small and personal users akin to Apple care.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

I would vote for that (and subscribe to it!)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cleafloor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Here is an interesting example of why some people are nervous about relying on the cloud: http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/2013/04/22/dumped-by-google/?fb_action_ids=10152788370805014&fb_act...
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cleafloor wrote:
Here is an interesting example of why some people are nervous about relying on the cloud: http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/2013/04/22/dumped-by-google/?fb_action_ids=10152788370805014&fb_act...

Yep, but the most important part of that article is this:

"I store my data on other servers maintained by providers like Evernote, Dropbox, and WordPress, and the cloud is my standby, not my steady. I’ve swapped convenience for control: I back up my email and what I care about most on physical hard drives."

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

Here, here!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Strauchs

On 08 May BB release link version 1.1.0.37 (File 110_bo42). I was excited that I was finally going to be able to use USB sync to load Outlook contacts and images native to my Z10.  Fooled again. If its there, the geeks hid it well. I don't want to play music, watch video, or play games.  I want to use my phone and have all of my contacts native. And, I want to make phone calls and receive calls.  It is supposed to be a business phone--not a kid's toy. BB lost massive market share and Z10 was supposed to win some of it back. It doesn't appear that BB has senior management paying attention to anything otherwise they wouldn't have so many screwups.  I can't see how BB can survive. Even if I finally get a software link that provides sync to Outlook--even one way would be great--I don't think BB will be in business very long.  It is time to bite the bullet and go to iPhone.  I know they won't be out of business a year from now.  The irony is that I have been loyal to BB since day one.  Guess that isn't important to BB.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Blueprintmrk
My Carrier: AT&T

The cloud applications are the future. Even BlackBerry enterprise server for the 10 and the 10. Will be cloud based. If you want your mail the sink and this is my only opinion I would use that type of service a Google apps, Rackspace mail, or exchange, Rackspace mail is only two Rackspace email is only two dollars for mailbox and syncs with mobile. Wasn't there a company called "the missing sync" that came out with a program similar to this that allowed you to sync all your contacts each way to my right about that?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

the missing sync ios mainly for Mac users. There is a Windows version specifically for Android devices.

http://www.markspace.com/products/missing-sync-family.html

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Strauchs

I have the PC version installed. No sync option. The version released on 08 May is 1.1.0.37.
Please use plain text.