Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
JMBMichell
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I have tried to update but it says I have the latest software which is not the latest everyone else is talking about and my version of the OS does not support 2 way sync. My blackberry link software continues to generate errors and is forced to close so I have uninstalled that. All very unsatisfactory. Even the company that introduced to BB have ditched them and moved to i-phone because they a re ticking the boxes they weren't before. Apple are listening and coming up with solutions RIM seem to have their feet stuck in the mud I dont want and i phone but if it does everything I need then i will migrate I can't wait forever BB and that's what it is taking.  The man hours I am waisting trying to sort this out is too significant to ignore.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Have you gone to the BB Link website and simply clicked on the link to download the Link software? whilst nothing on the site indicates that this will download the new OS10.1.1.1.26 you will find that by downloading the Link software as if you are starting from scratch you will get you the new version of the Link software.

This is what I did last week and it is working oerfectly well.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Admittedly I'm a little late to the discussion, 86 pages late :-)  but I guess I must be missing something about the ability to sync a Z-10 ( or now Q-10) with Outlook on Exchange. I got my wife a Z-10 a couple of months ago on the first day they were avail. I could not get it setup to work with Outlook, turns out my Exchange hosting company had not done the last update on BES which would allow for the 10 operating system. They said they were not paying for the update because they didn't feel there was a market or need to and suggested I use Activesyn. They enabled Activesync and she was up and running. Last week I got a Q-10 and had them switch the account to Activsync and the Q-10 was up and running in minutes. Everything is synced continuously, mail, contacts, calendar, tasks, memos. So what am I missing in this discussion?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

What type of software is "ActiveSync"? Is this a cloud based service? Who sells it? I am afraid that I have never heard of this software.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

We are talking about Outlook running on a PC.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

PJCMoray wrote:
What type of software is "ActiveSync"? Is this a cloud based service? Who sells it? I am afraid that I have never heard of this software.

ActiveSync is the data transfer service or technology which syncs your email to your Z10, and for others, syncs their contacts and calendar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveSync

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

On your Z or Q go to add an email account and then Advanced and you'll have several selections, choose Activesync, enter your account info, server info etc and it'll work. First your Exchange provider need to set your account to Activesync from BES. I have a Z and Q and they work perfectly.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Tirgoman, have your company check out BES10. It can manage iOS and Android and right now it is free to transfer from the old BES to the new BES.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10

Many of us snyc Outlook to our mail providers like AOL, Google, comcast, etc.  We keep our calendars and contacts on our PC. The sync of the calendar and contacts is what we are talking about. Mail and the Z10 works great. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

Humm, I have most of my email hosted on exchange but I do have a couple of POP accounts and just sync the email on them as all of my calendar and contacts etc are on my Exchange account. . When I have a moment I will play with a POP account and see what I can figure out.

Please use plain text.