Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

OK, there's a lot of back and forth here and many version numbers for different things. It is getting confusing for everyone.

Here is what is REQUIRED for Contact/Calendar sync from Outlook:

1. BB Link Software version 1.1.1.26 installed on your PC or 1.1.1.13 on your Mac. If you don't have that version or higher you can download it from www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink. Your wireless service provider has nothing to do with this software or it's version level.

2. Handheld Device OS version 10.1.x.xxxx or higher. If you have any OS installed on your BlackBerry that is 10.0.x.xxxx the sync is NOT supported.

Each individual wireless service provider pushes out the updates to their handheld devices. If you have 10.0.x.xxxx it is because your provider has not pushed you the update. You will NOT be able to sync until you have 10.1.x.xxx running on the BlackBerry.

That said, there are other methods (can be found on the Internet) to get the 10.1 updates for the Handheld OS but they are not supported by your carrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JAG-BB_Z10
My Device: blackberry 39d6, Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

thanks - that's what I was afraid of. looks like I need to talk to Verizon.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

When they are done with their testing they will push it out. Talking to them won't do much good. Either wait for the update to be pushed or take matters into your own hands and load a version that can be found on the Internet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Viennaboy
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

it's 4 months later. When will this 2-way synch be active???

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Viennaboy wrote:

it's 4 months later. When will this 2-way synch be active???

NEW! Download Link (with Outlook Sync) v1.1.1

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JAG-BB_Z10
My Device: blackberry 39d6, Z10

thanks JSanders - unfortunately I have the BBLINK update. What I need is the Z10 OS update through Verizon.  

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

JAG-BB_Z10 wrote:

thanks JSanders - unfortunately I have the BBLINK update. What I need is the Z10 OS update through Verizon.  

Yes, I understand that and my reply above was directed viennaboy who asked the question... not to you.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
andalex
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Based on MPF94025's excellent instructions, last Friday I tried to clean up my Outlook contacts and calendar, made backup of my Z10, wiped out all my contacts and calendar items and tried the BB Link 1.1.1 software with the ATT 10.0.1 OS version (ATT has not released 10.1 yet). The sync seemingly worked, but I was not as lucky as the original author and it did not create a new Calendar named BBLink, a the calendar did not sync, only the contacts.

So I took a deep breath, made sure that I had everything backed up, read all the user experiences about the leaked OS 10.1.0.2342 on Crackberry and did a fresh install. I have ATT as service provider.

Basically, everything was wiped out, as expected, so I started from scratch. BUT: the sync worked right away for both the calendar and the contacts!

I had not experienced a single reboot (4 days) and truly, the entire phone works better. I synced on multiple occasions, was careful not allowing Facebook and Linkedin to touch my contacts, but the BB Link software only syncs my BBLink account, which uses my PC's name.

It can't sync the Remember App with Outlook notes and it never will (which I truly miss). Evernote is now part of the Remember App (You have to create an account and it will automatically integrate with Remember on a separate folder, and it works just like the Outlook notes did - Outlook notes can be exported to Evernote with a click of a button. Unfortunately, I am still not comfortable using it for sensitive information - any online account can be hacked...

But I can use the BB10 Outlook Sync App to sync just Outlook Notes via USB and that in itself is worth the $24.

I have to say that had Blackberry released the Z10 with the current version of Link and OS 10.1, the overall user experience would have been much, much more positive.

My only advice to others - after a backup wipe out your device before upgrading to 10.1 and do a fresh start. The leaked OS works flawlessly with AT&T.

Sorry AT&T, I couldn't wait any longer :smileysad:.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

not yet, been busy with business fortunately. Since I use all of my contacts in my Outlook account that is hosted with Exchange I'm not having a problem so it's just got to wait.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

10.1 is a must otherwise you get ONLY one way transfer from Outlook to device. 10.1 is required.

That said, I've been on a leaked OS for quite a while. It's just not supported by your carrier. All should be well with it though.
Please use plain text.