Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Blackberry is a sinking boat. The Blackberry link is a piece of **bleep**. Those duplicates are annoing. Instead of improving, with all the problems they have, they are going down.

Also the new 10.2 OS is not available to all the Z10 models like mine, the OO1

RIM, you have to change fast, or you will be a dead guy soon

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

What is a OO1?

You can load the 10.2.1, or other 10.2 versions from Crackberry if you are so inclined.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: z10

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Z10

I am inclined to agree. I struggle on but android and apple are vastly bigger platforms and therefore get all the attention and are therefore better. RIM just keep up. I believe it is a dead format but i will hang in for now.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

Guys, I believe we need to cut to the quick with all of these comparisons to Apple and Android. BB's precise problem has been trying to "out-Apple" Apple.

I am not up to date with Z10 as I only used mine until the Q10 became available.

I have been using the Q10 since it was introduced in the UK. It is an excellent Blackberry device doing perfectly precisely what BB devices of old always did. Superb keyboard; reliable and secure e-mailing - all of the features for which we all swore by our Blackberries for all of those years. The Q10 keyboard has features, such as the ability to type in bold, italics, colour, add bullet points or numbered paragraphs etc which make it a first class working tool.

This is precisely what BB were always very good at. They went wrong when they started to emulate Apple and the iPhone. Let's be honest: the iPhone is a beautifully designed, sexy, toy. It does a myriad and one things 99.9 percent of which are useless to me for everyday business use. It is a **bleep** phone - forever dropping calls and with a ludicrously poor antenna. If you want a sexy toy buy an iPhone. If you want a working tool then you need a BB Q10.

I was one of the many who moaned on this forum about the non-existent sync function when the Z10 and then the Q10 came out. Have you seen and/or worked with the latest version of the Blackberry Link sync function which came out in the UK at the end of last week? They have ironed out virtually all of the problems that had existed (although I cannot speak for Notes as I do not use this function).

The browsing is superb and the ability to store considerable numbers of Word, Excel and Pdf documents in the Q10 memory makes for an excellent working tool.

I repeat as a working tool which is precisely what Blackberry devices always were, the Q10 is now outstanding.

And no I don't work for BlackBerry or any of its investors! I am a boring retired merchant banker (of the old school - before "Prop Trading" became the be all and end all of banking. And boy did they "end" it!).

I run a small high-tech business and have issued Q10 devices to all of my 15 employees all of whom share my enthusiasm - especially, very gratifyingly, the many of them that were iPhone users!

Stick with it fellas - the Q10 gets better and better as you discover it's many features. Although I remain p****d off with stupid issues like BB's refusal to allow one to change the default currency symbol which is just plain stupid pig-headedness by BB.

PJCMoray

Sent from my Q10
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Should I go Q10. I am an early adopter and may have jumped to soon with a Z10. I also have the PlayBook (bad name) both excellent work tools but a few aps to keep up with the rest of the world wouldn't go a miss. We in the UK do like you Blackberry. Don't forget us.
Trusted Contributor

Definitely have a try with the Q10. It is a seriously efficient working tool and just what I would have expected from Blackberry had they concentrated on what they do best, instead of flirting with the iPhone "Sex appeal". Also, there are many Android apps that work on the Q10.

I had the Z10 when it first came out and frankly it is neither fish nor fowl when deciding between Blackberry and iPhone or Android.

The Q10 is pure Blackberry with all of the sophistication that we came to expect from Blackberry before they went astray.

PJCMoray

Sent from my Q10
Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

, you keep making this "flirting with the iPhone "Sex appeal"" statement in almost every post here you make.

Trust me, BlackBerry has not tried to emulate or copy the iPhone, they are smart enough had they tried to do so, they would have. Instead, BlackBerry built BB10 from the ground up as a unique operatings system, SO VERY MUCH UNLIKE the iPhone.

Since Apple has had HUGE successes with and continues to have, with the iPhone, perhaps BlackBerry should have tried to copy it. They might have been in a different boat today, had they.

But your endless assertions that BlackBerry "flirted with" and tried to be, etc., are silly. BlackBerry10 is so different than i-**bleep**. Which tells me you've never used many of their products.

For those asking, on BlackBerry10, the OS is basically the same across the board whether it is a Q5, Q10, Z10 or Z30. The hardware is different. Most all features are the same across the board.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

I agree with Jsanders 100%!
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Trusted Contributor

Silly maybe, but then explain to me what Blackberry were trying to achieve by introducing a touch-screen phone - whether the latest version in the form of the Z10 or the previous attempts.

Blackberry's USP since they were first introduced was their keyboard and their secure e-mail system etc.

What drove them to introduce a touch-screen? The appearance of the first iPhone. Why did they have to try and copy iPhone? Why would Blackberry move away from their single USP - their reliable keyboard and secure e-mail system which made the Blackberry a virtually universal must-have hand-set amongst those of us that needed the ability to e-mail whilst on the move and do so quickly, efficiently and in a totally secure environment. Try any of that on an iPhone.

And yes, I did try the iPhone for all of three months. Terrible keyboard, even worse phone function but a zillion and one gizmos if I had the time and the desire to use them!

I see no advantage whatsoever to Blackberry in trying to copy the no-keyboard touch-screen model of device. What did it do for BlackBerry? Zip!

Call me "silly" if you will. But please try and explain to me the business plan and marketing logic. All I can see is the near liquidation of RIM/Blackberry and a bunch of quasi-vulture investors picking over the bones.

If they had introduced the Q10 two years ago we would not be having this exchange.

PJCMoray

Sent from my Q10