Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Dear PJCMoray,

You might find, if you think about it, that the diversity of the human race means that there is no single platform that is perfect for everyone. There are many (we can't have numbers here) who fully desire a full-touch device, and simultaneously desire a BB device. I happen to be one of them...physical keyboards on mobile devices of this size/shape just don't work for me, never have. Full touch (e.g., Z10) works perfectly for me. I'm sure I'm not alone. So, you say that developing such has resulted in "Zip" for BlackBerry...I would contend that the result is more than "Zip", since I would not be on BB were it not for the full touch screen models they have been developing (since the Storm). One convert is an infinite growth level from "Zip"...and I'm sure I'm not alone.

As for your desire for insider information (authoritative answers to your questions would require such)...this is a user-to-user community of volunteer-contributors...we can have no access to such information, and even if we had it we'd be specifically enjoined from releasing it (as per the Ts and Cs of this site, NDA, and other things that would govern such information release).

The purpose of this site is to help other users get the most out of their BB devices, given whatever benefits or shortcomings that may or may not exist. Debating other points can be academically interesting...but, in the end, quite moot since no one here can really do anything about it all.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

AND, this is so all off-topic in this thread, but you have a habit of taking threads off-topic.

Why... a touchscreen?

Because the market was demanding it. That's why.  That one is simple to answer.

What else would you like to know?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Indeed...this entire sub-topic belongs in the Social Lounge perhaps...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

PJCMoray wrote:

I see no advantage whatsoever to Blackberry in trying to copy the no-keyboard touch-screen model of device. What did it do for BlackBerry? Zip!

The Z10 and Z30 virtual keyboards outrank anything the iPhone has. So, if you want carry that discussion on, BlackBerry has trumped Apple in the virtual keyboard technology and user interface.

I haven't found an iPhone user yet to tell me their keyboard is better than this, after giving my Z10 or Z30 a test drive on the keyboard. And the same for the Q10's hard keyboard.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

OK - this is indeed all totally off topic, for which apologies.

I still remain a loyal Blackberry user (apart from my three months flirtation with "That" phone!) and have been since two days after Blackberries were introduced into the UK.

I think that the Q10 is the best Blackberry device yet introduced. And I am very glad that with the latest release of the Blackberry Link most of the syncing problems appear to have been resolved.

And on that happy note, I will go off air.

PJCMoray

Sent from my Q10
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sushi1
My Device: Q10

Hello,   I see the last post on this issue was Dec.2013.  Has there been any progress with these issues? I have just bought the Q10 and am ready to throw it away.

Problems with Outlook Contacts. Contact duplications, Cannot link phone numbers in my Outlook notes to  text, call, copy paste and edit.

Thank-you

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Publisher
My Device: Z10

It all seems to work fine now (for me). I get the occasional dupe, but it's more to do with Outlook than BB. Make sure you're running the latest BBOS 10.2 software... and be aware that it'll be getting even better when 10.3 comes (likely December/January) for the Q10 et al.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sushi1
My Device: Q10

Can you link phone numbers in your Outlook notes to send a quick text, copy, paste or edit?  Please tell me what you did?

I just put my Q10 on hold and went back to my Torch 2 weeks ago because I couldn't get link my phone numbers in my Outlook notes. So no ability to tag them to send a quick text, copy, paste or edit. if I had known this was a major glitch I would never have gone back to BB. This is a major pain.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

With all due respect, and not to show indifference to your issue, Notes was never designed to be a storage place for contacts. That's what the Contacts app is for.

The fact that it's been a year since anyone has posted about this and that you're the first I've seen ready to "throw out" the Q10 just because it doesn't link numbers in the notes means it is not a much needed option. Again, I don't mean to say it's not needed by some. I just mean it's a numbers game and new features have to be prioritized.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
janhagen
My Device: 9780

Since 1 year I made the switch to Nokia 925 because of all problems I had with synchronisation. I must say it's a pleasure that everything works as with the old BB in the past.

Please use plain text.