Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Interesting!

Has anyone else had the same problem that I am having syncing contacts from Outlook through the BBLink on to a Z10. Namely that where the contact only consists of a company name (such as a restaurant, air-line etc) and where such compayn name is inserted into the "Company" section of the contact "sheet", then when syncing through the BBLink on to a Z10 I get duplicate entries of each such company name every time I update the sync process. Very aggravating!

Do we believe that BB are concentrating on getting all of these sync problams sorted prior to bringing out the Q10 (supposedly in three weeks time tomorrow in the UK) and will then announce a blitz of upgrades to the BB Link???

I hope so!

PJCMoray

Please use plain text.
Contributor
highlandit
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

In the faint hope that somebody from BlackBerry is lurking and has noticed the volume of posts regarding the Oultook Sync issue, can you please make some kind of official acknowledgement and give an update on progress? Even an admission that this is not a priority or that the small business Outlook user is no longer a priority would be helpful, so people can stop wasting time and move on to a product which will meet their needs. Sadly, I fear these posts are falling on selectivity deaf ears. It would be wonderful to be proved wrong...RIM, your call.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

highlandit wrote:
In the faint hope that somebody from BlackBerry is lurking and has noticed the volume of posts regarding the Oultook Sync issue, can you please make some kind of official acknowledgement and give an update on progress?

They already did, in this forum on Feb 12th, in the official Help Blog and on Twitter, as I recall.

*Oh, actually in this actual thread you're posting in.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

Yes, they did - but that was nearly two months ago. Since then we have had the first promised ugrade to the BBLink which, as I and others are reporting, has got some fairly bizarre problems.

It would be nice to know that BB are aware of this and are dealing with the issues being raised in this thread.

PJCMoray

Please use plain text.
JSanders

RIM/BlackBerry is aware of it.

How many official acknowedgements do you require to satisfy you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

I have not had any official acknowledgement of the new specific problem that I am raising and which has arisen since the introduction of the first updgrade to BB Link.

I do not think it unreasonable to request some signal that BB are aware of new issues. I am sorry that you would appear to disagree.

When I started in business several decades ago, the customer came first. As a principle, this has nort served me badly over the years. It would be nice to know that BB agree!

PJCMoray

Please use plain text.
JSanders

PJCMoray wrote:

I have not had any official acknowledgement of the new specific problem that I am raising and which has arisen since the introduction of the first updgrade to BB Link.

What's your current specific problem?

I don't see it, could it be lost in all this threadcrapping by others?

Have you called your mobile provider for "official" support and an escalation of your issue to BlackBerry support?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

This is what I wrote two hours ago:

Interesting!

Has anyone else had the same problem that I am having syncing contacts from Outlook through the BBLink on to a Z10. Namely that where the contact only consists of a company name (such as a restaurant, air-line etc) and where such compayn name is inserted into the "Company" section of the contact "sheet", then when syncing through the BBLink on to a Z10 I get duplicate entries of each such company name every time I update the sync process. Very aggravating!

Do we believe that BB are concentrating on getting all of these sync problams sorted prior to bringing out the Q10 (supposedly in three weeks time tomorrow in the UK) and will then announce a blitz of upgrades to the BB Link???

I hope so!

PJCMoray

UNQUOTE

Yes - I have spoken at length to Vodafone's customer service people here in the UK. Frankly, they are really not up to speed with the BB10 OS in general and the Z10 in particular. I subsequently set up a file number with Customer Service at BB who assisted me in aetting up "Companion Link 5 for Outlook". This did not really solve my syncing problems so I waited for the BB Link update which came out a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have had the problems set out above.

When I first posted this problem I received within 24 hours what appeard to be a semi-official respnse from someone at BB asking whether I had tried doing a security wipe on the Z10 and then re-syncing with the BBLink. But this person was not very precise in setting out precisely what steps he/she wanted me to take after doing a security wipe on the Z10. I asked them (about ten days ago) to be a little more precise but I have not heard anything back.

So that's it - you are up to date!

PJCMoray

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Read that. No, it is not happening to me, so I didn't respond to that.

PJCMoray wrote:

I subsequently set up a file number with Customer Service at BB who assisted me in aetting up "Companion Link 5 for Outlook". This did not really solve my syncing problems so I waited for the BB Link update which came out a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have had the problems set out above.

So you've spoken with BlackBerry technical support and have an incident number. You need to call them back with your incident number and keep the issue active.

PJCMoray wrote:

When I first posted this problem I received within 24 hours what appeard to be a semi-official respnse from someone at BB 

I don't know what you consider official or semi-official. Why be so picky about this. You have an incident logged with BlackBerry, follow up there.

And since you've now posted it here, if someone has ideas or has experienced the same, hopefully they'll respond.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
highlandit
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

Thank you for your most helpful interjection, JSanders, particularly clarifying on behalf of RIM employees that "they already did, in this forum on Feb 12th".

Perhaps you would be so kind as to check my arithmetic too.  According to my calculation, 52 days have passed since Feb 12th.  What figure do you get?

Please use plain text.