Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
maddmikk
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Would you mind posting your solution?  I am running exchange 2010 and I have hooked up several iphones and I cannot for the life of me get this new Z10 setup let alone syncing:No:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)
My Carrier: Vodafone

No, my business (me), does not run an exchange, which I thought my mentioning the stand alone PC and POP email would have answered.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
XBetadogX
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Read my posts and you will see that I am disappointed like the rest of us. But outlook com with outlook connecter is easy to setup and can be used for calendar and contacts and not email. This does and will accomplish the same thing as use sync.   It not what I want and works and to be realistic with calendar and contacts there is no realy security concern. Sure if u needed to do that with your email that would be a major problem but you don't. Give it a shot because so far this phone is the best I have used. Still lacks apps but do you really find a need for toilet paper race games?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rob-P
My Device: Z10, Playbook, 9700

I disagree that it is not a security concern.  It may not be for you - but is is for many other people. For my small business it is against my business security policy.  I work in the health care field and my appointments and contacts cannot ever be in the "cloud" - not even briefly. This is even more true for "cloud" computing companies that have any servers or data stored in the USA due to the Patriot Act and other laws permitting warrantless access to data stored on US servers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrockLtd
My Device: BB Z10

I need to sync my contacts, calendar & task list from my Desktop Outlook 2010, to Outlook.com, to my phone. I got the impression from the MS website that it was going to send my online Outlook.com contacts back to my desktop but not the other way around, which is what's critical for me. Am I getting it wrong here?

I was looking at the free version (which I would like, of course!), does that make a difference? I have 5000+ contacts, is there any limits to the free Outlook.com?

I don't need this extra aggrivation in my life but it would get me by 'til I figure out what to do next. Thanks

BlackBerry - what's the official take on this problem, will we be getting a BB fix or do we have to pursue these workaround strategies?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

Qoute (I have 10 days left to return my Z10...I've never had to try so hard to like a phone) :No:

That qoute is so true.  This loyalty I have with BB has the markings of a bad marriage and I just do not know it.

I too cannot have my Contacts on the Cloud.   I have even bought another phone in the interm that works with Deja.  

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Staylor56
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Outlook contacts and calendar is a major tool in my business, and Blackberry's ability to sync with this product was why I originally bought Blackberry in the first place.  Now with the newest phone, its inability to sync is a deal breaker for me... I have already contacted my service provider and arranged to return the phone today.  At least with my old phone, I can still sync with Outlook....  Hopefully Blackberry will get their act together -- then I will try the phone again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GorgeousChris
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I tried using outlook.com, but my exported contact file was too large to be uploaded.

I just returned from the local Telus store. They were able to copy all my contact info over to my new Z10. It doesn't fix the sync issue, but at least got me going. The have specific equipment where they we able to transfer the data.

It's temporary solution only. I will be switching if BB cannot solve this issue. Wasted a lot of time and not impressed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bsansom

I agree 2000% . We dumb bb supporters (mostly business people who depended on their bb to make a living) waited for over a year for this extremely poor start with z10. The no sync to outlook is only one of many "show stoppers" and BB really need to quickly reconsider their future with the business crowd, and make some very PUBLIC statements very soon. You can continue to dump us for the "cool set" or loose us all - forever. - and it really pisses me off as I was a hanger on and felt loyal - Dumb I quess.

So my list of "for heavens sake, these are table stakes BB ( formerly know as the loser RIM) SO FAR include :

- support seamless sync with outlook - contacts, calendar and notes, etc.

- fix the stupid BB Link ( which is pittful on a lot of fronts) but especially on moving all the old bb data ( you could have forgotten the music and pics, etc) , what about the business users , like me who have spend over 20 hours trying to simply get there contacts and calendar over to the z10 and their email connected , still with no success on the former 2.This was the dumbest thing I every heard of - who did BB think were going to buy the new phone - previous non-bb users - no , we who sufferred ridicule for not going to iPhones a year ago.

- get us back comparable functionality on the stupid hub to handle emails as simply as we did before with the drop down menus. - eg. compare trying to deleting a bunch of emails at the same time.

- try to find out how many contacts are in the z10 contact folder, anybody?

- where is the import or export function for data??

I'm sure I will find a bunch more once I get time to use this thing versus trying to get it up and running. More Later.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bsansom

bell store tried same with me, but were only able to get me 50% of my contacts, and god only knows which ones and no calendar info. sorry I can't suggest anything better yet, but I'm still investing time to find a solution and hope you find it and post if you get one. Thanks

Please use plain text.