Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]
Kevin I have been a loyal BB user for my small business since they were introduced in the UK over ten years ago. What I find so frustrating is the apparent lack of attention that BB are paying to the outstanding issue of syncing with Outlook. Yes I know, JSanders, that we had a message some time in February that there was going to be a two stage upgrade to the BB Link to allow syncing with Outlook. The fist part of this upgrade came out about three weeks ago. I immediately tried it out and posted a note on this thread pointing out that all contact entries which consisted of the "Company" name only (e.g. restaurants, hotel, airlines etc) appear to be repeated each time that you re-sync to BB Link. I have not heard a word from anyone at BB about this. I cannot understand how BB can be ignoring their biggest customer base - the small business community who value so highly all of the unique features of BB devices to date. Yes, the Z10 is very jazzy and, yes, the attachments to e-mails on the Z10 are a delight. But without beinig able to sync on a bi-weekly basis, with note, calendar entries and faultless contacts, switching over entirely from the Oh so reliable BB9900 seems pointless. Come on BB - just show us that you are watching, listening and, above all, that you actually care about us - your core constituency. My grand-daughter summed it up the other day. She finds my Z10 "so cool!! may I have one please". Is that your new constituency BB????Woe is me
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Seriously? In almost 10 years of being a BB user I have NEVER seen a statement like Ty's regarding something like this. For them to reverse course completely based on feedback is remarkable. We can argue whether it should have been removed in the first place but that doesn't matter at this point.

What matters is that they have reversed course based on feedback and have agreed to put it back. To say they shouldn't have removed it is one thing. To say they aren't listening is ludicrous and removes credibility from anyone who attempts to state that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed. Just because you've not had a personal reply to your own issue, who's to say it's being ignored. In in by be same boat as you eagerly awaiting the complete two way sync and yes I think BlackBerry dropped the ball seriously by not having this originally and now sooner.

I'm also a small business man and I do follow BlackBerry closely. I've never read nor heard that small business is their largest customer base.

Perhaps your granddaughter and her demographic out numbers us. I know of no facts to backup your statement. However are we an "Important" customer base? Certainly. That's why BlackBerry did a 180 degree turnaround on this.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
lmsmes
My Device: 9850

[ Edited ]

First, none of the other phones on the market sync like the old blackberry's to a standalone Outlook install, even the Window's phones...without an app that is not free.

2)   I don't think the sync is easy or simple, otherwise they would have done it.

3)  They were under HUGE pressure to get the phone out, and it basically does everything that the other competitors do, and they had a partner that was writing the app, just like they did for the other phones. 

4)  It questionable how large this user group is, i.e., those who want this sync.   So they may be satisfying 95% of their user base right now. 

5)  They have committed that they are working on it. 

Is this the reason that I don't own a Z10, and still have my old Blackberry?   Yes. 

I also want a Phablet and a Mobile DEPOSIT app that currently doesn't exist for Bank of America or Wells Fargo. 

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

Fair enough - and you are correct, It was quite absurd of me to suggest that small businesses are as important to BB as the big corporates of this world. It's just that there are numerically a lor more small businesses and I suspect that we are geographically more widely spread. We are, therefore, probably a more vocal, or at least publicly vocal, group than the IT purchasing managers of BIG CORPORATE INC!

Anyway, as you rightly say, BB have faithfully done the first part of what they promised re the sync issue. I just wish they would hurry up and do the second!!

I enjoy your comments - especially the more feisty aspersions that occasionally flow from your pen (or rather your keyboard!).

Bring on the Q10 say I - and onwards and upwards with the BB 10 Operating System.May we soon have to find something else to  moan about!!

Contributor
KevinG99_AB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Bold 9700

If it's difficult, I think they should say what the difficulty is so we can adjust expectations accordingly. Also, saying "we're working on it" is a brush off akin to "it's in the mail". They can say "we HOPE to have it resolved by end of Q2" which isn't a promise or guarantee but could still have a positive impact - people may hold off on buying a competitive product until then.

May we soon have to find something else to moan about!!

Amen! :smileyhappy:
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It doesn't make sense to us but to a publicly traded company it makes a lot of sense. Any statement can affect stock price both negatively and positively. Every statement is a legal issue and Ty's statement a couple months ago was outside the norm and probably took weeks of legal wrangling to get it approved. It's hard for people like us to understand but there is likely much we don't know or realize. It will come.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

John

We're not asking BB to make available to us "price sensitive" information for God's sake!! All we are asking for is something a tad more precise than "sometime later" - which as an earlier post to this thread rightly pointed out is perilously close to "it's in the mail".

I think that BB should be capable of stating quite simply that the second stage of the syncing issue will be sorted out by the end of Q"x". Hopefully "x" would be 2 or at worst 3!

Guru I
John_Clark

They already said "Later this Year". Stating a date and then missing for some unforseen reason could affect stock price. BB has rarely ever given specific dates for this type of thing. They rarely ever make forward looking statements. Be glad we even know it's coming. In the past we never would have even known that much.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray

OK.

As I said earlier, let's just hope that we have something else to moan about come the autumn/fall!!

PJCMoray