Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Blueprintmrk, if you care to  read the posts, you would appreaciate it is 2 way syncronisation we require.

We all agree we can import "ONE WAY" from Outlook to a Z10/Q10 via USB, that is not the issue.

What we  need is for "TWO WAY" syncronisation, so when we connevct via USB any changes made on a Z10/Q10,  to be exported into Outlook

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,824
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bercawd,

I don't think Blueprintmrk understands the core of this thread and the widespread need for many users.

Yes, there are other workarounds and even solutions, but for some like you the hard wired sync is still needed.

I've started using outlook.com to sync, and while it works in most cases, and works well, it is not a complete solution for the calendar sync. Works good for contacts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

Lastly, seems a tremendous amount of words flying around the forum which at the end of the day are nothing more than venting. 

I have found parts of the forum very helpful especially from JSanders and hopefully we can continue to discover more ways to help each other.

We just need to sit tight and wait on Blackberry to address issues as I don't think there is anything any of us can do that will speed up the developement process for them.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I agree.

There was a post earlier with a fascinating link to an article on another forum which talked about the origins of the BlackBerry Desktop Software and the fact that the technology behind it was licenced was licenced from Nokia!!!

BlackBerry are apparently determined to build the software for the Link all on their own, on top of building the OS10 using the technology acquired when they purchased ONX.

All in all it looks as though it is going to take some time to develop a full two way synch functionality into the Link, so we shall have to patient.

What saddens me on reading the history behind the development of the new OS10 is that BlackBerry for some reason took the rather radical decision that they would rather go for new customers from the world of Apple/Android aficionados than seek to attract back the hordes of longterm loyal but disappointed BlackBerry users who had slowly overtime deserted BlackBerry as their devices became outdated.

It is not a very encouraging thank you to those of us who have stayed loyal to BlackBerry over the years.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

this link ?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Any-further-info-on-the-Z10-USB-sync-with-Micr...

anyways, let's stay on topic.
One missing feature can be accepted, or be a deal breaker, depending on the person.
This is normal, and I have understood that BlackBerry is committed to bring dual-sync outlook/BB10. What remains is when this is happening.
The answer is obviously the same : "not soon enough".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronwayne
My Device: Z10 STL100-4

This phone is amazing, I couldn't be more excited about it.  But...the fact that it can't sync with Outlook coupled with the fact that I can receive emails but can't send email completely disables my ability to use this device for business purposes.  I could care less about any lack of apps or how this phone functions versus Droid or Apple, I have relied on  Blackberry to organize and increase my productivity by allowing me  to communicate easily by voice, email, and with my laptop.

I have been with Blackberry for years, and was one of the first to shout my excitement about the Z10, but now it's embarrassing to admit to others that this device has these kind of function issues.

I want to be patient and hope that Blackberry is taking this seriously. How long are we going to have wait as dedicated Blackberry fans?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
David_S
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Publisher
My Device: Z10

I have found BB10 Outlook Sync to be excellent, and have posted elsewhere that I initially had problems due to an earlier install and de-install of DejaOffice. Once I'd sorted out the problem with the help of their excellent support and tech teams, the USB sync works brilliantly and does not require a separate calendar etc.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

People are missing the point, we want to know when what was promised is going to be delivered rather than being forced to spend money on third party solutions.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Strauchs

Nonsense. Outlook Sync is half-baked, doesn't do calendar and loads your phone with hundreds of artifacts.
Please use plain text.