Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I agree.

The "DejaOffice" is rubbish; does not begin to do "what it says on the tin"; and certainly does not synch calendar items.

I am amongst those who has zero interest in third party applications to handle functions which Blackberry should have included from the date of introduction of the Z10.

I will wait patiently for the introduction of the update to the BB LInk. I would however hope that BB are not going to try my patience much longer!!
PJCMoray
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

no problem with dejaoffice syncing calendar and contacts on my end

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

You are lucky! And I installed mine with the help of customer service from the manufacturer who ended up having to admit that two way synch of calendar items was unreliable and two way synch of contacts was either unreliable and/or caused duplication of many items.

PJCMoray
Trusted Contributor

Can't tell you what I did to make it work but just downloaded on desktop and Z10, started up and follow instructions.  All went seamlessly.

Trusted Contributor

I am though going to try the other 3rd party product as I do like being able to work within the Hub for calendar and contacts.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have real doubts that some of these new contributors are really part if a coordinated strategy to promote the product and discredit regular contributors who have had bad experiences with this third party application. As this forum is about the Blackberry solution I would suggest that we return to the original aim of this forum.

Also, not sure what point there is in further complaining about the lack of update from BlackBerry as the company is not taking any notice.
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Not sure if Tigershark's criticism is aimed at me, but all I'm saying is that the BB10 Outlook Sync app integrates with the hub and works very well for me. Sure, BlackBerry should have included this in the first place. But the fact is that they didn't. So we either have to wait (for how long?). Or we can get a third party app which DOES DO exactly what it says on the tin - BB10 Outlook Sync.
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey Tiger, recall a week ago I tried to have the third party sync solution discussion removed from this thread to its own specific thread and I caught all kinda heck.

Oh well. It is what it is.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I had to return my Z10 because of the sync with Outlook issue and some major bugs with downloading and retention of e-mails. I am not aware of any iPhone or android users who have decided to make the switch to bb based on the new OS. I do fear that many loyal bb users are going to have to make the switch to another platform in order to utlize the basic business functions for which bb was the traditional leader. I find this to be an ironic change by bb. I would have thought that synching with Outlook and e-mail function would be the keystone to any new OS they hoped to license to us. While I am still open to giving the Z10 or Q10 another try in the future, the attraction of alternative smartphones grows as time goes by. 

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

I've tried the direct one-time download on BB link, and have purchased BB10 PC Outlook Sync and DejaOffice.

Found the one time BB link method flawed, ie did not download all information.

Initially BB10 PC Outlook Sync did not work. Only a portion of contacts, and no calendar. I spoke with cust service and last Friday got an updated version. I used a 3rd party uninstaller to clear the PC application, then deleted the Z10 app, then restarted. I had to do these steps as I had multiple problems with the sideload of the Z10 app. Having finally successfully done that, I've only been able to transfer a portion of contacts ( I do not use contact groups, so this is a "bug" yet to be fixed). I've been in communication with their tech support over this. The calendar app worked well with the Hub and Z10 native calendar, which is a great improvement. There ie is limited functionality for transferring/handling contatcts as there was with BB Desktop Manager, eg date ranges for transfer, and when you select "erase all contacs" during BB Link transfer it managed to wipe out all my LinkedIn contacts as well. Fortunately was able to get them back by reloading LinkedIn.

I used DejaOffice. I works with its own BB10 app which you have to download.. It downloaded contacts and calendar items to the DejaOffice app, but did not connect fully with Z10 native contacs (much like BB10 PC Outlook sync, likely same engine).  However, as a stanadlone Z10 app it worked out with all contacts and calendar items. I found it look time to load, clunky interface, but the data was there. Not an app I'd find appealing to use regularly.

If we can get PC10 Outlook Sync working, will likely return DejaOffice ( though for those interested DejaOffice has option for uploading PIM data to AES encryption cloud, to sync multiple devices).

When BB10 PC outlooksync is able to import all my contacts from Outlook to Z10 I may have the guts to try 2way sync, until then, no way. I don't want half of my outlook contacts on my PC deleted.

I have been using contact managers for 20 years (starting through Now Up to Date, Goldmine, etc, etc, so have > 2000 contacts (yes, many ought to be deleted, I'll get around to it), so don't know if that's an issue. I can do 2way sync with iTunes to iOS flawlessly with same contact base of > 2000 contacts in about 2 minutes.

Few other random thoughts. in last version of BB Link I can't find the previous statement that 2 way sync coming soon. I've got desktop version xxxx.33 for what it matters.

Also, in speaking wiht others, I'm learning, to my surprise, that I am one of few people left (can't tell how many individuals actually visit these forums as page views are unreliable metric) who feel that 2 way sync via USB to BB is important. Before throwing stones at me, that's just what I'm being told.  I disagree with that approach think USB sync secure and preferable. I think it was downright mean not to tell upgrading Z10 or Q10 users that native USB 2way sync was omitted from BB Link, which as others have noted, appears to have been written from ground up.

An earlier post commented that BB licensed Nokia software in Desktop Manager. As it turns out, per Wikipedia, Nokia bought Intellisync (for those who remember that co) which did PIM transfers for Palm for many years, etc. On the Wikipedia page for Intellisyn/Nokia, obviously, Blackberry is lsted as a competitor at the very end of the article, so it all now starts to make sense why this was not included in the initial BB Link (BBRY just wanted to stop licensing or had to stop licensing and start from scratch).

Main lesson is that if companies like BB10 PC Outlook sync can almost get USB sync to Outlook done, BBRY should be doing the same or better with the resources at their disposal, or at least address the issue. I do believe it will come with time.

Believe major corporations could be waiting to see BES sync with BB10 and Outlook sync before things really start looking up for BBRY, maybe just a guess, and a good day for all of us waiting for this functionality.