Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

Love the Q10, only had it a few days and was rotten when I found out the USB Synch had been ditched. Glad BB are on the case though because the Company I work for don't allow Wireless Synch.

Any idea if the DESKTOP REDIRECTOR will be part of the USB Synch setup? I hope so because RSA Connection to check my mail takes far too long.

thanks

paul

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

The desktop redirector has been removed since the BlackBerry Desktop Software version 6.
As far as I know it has never been planned to bring it back (either in the current version 7 of the Desktop Software, or in the current version of BlackBerry Link).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

"Publisher" - 

I agree but PJC has a point.  They need to keep the tried and true functionality.  As Lee Iaccoca said - "Lead, follow, or get out of the way!"

Well, BB was a leader, they are now trying to follow but in this case it should not be one or the other.  They can stay a leader by incorporating the new stuff - social media, I-Tunes, etc. but keep the great business functionality that made them a leader in the first place. 

In my mind, not having that prior functionality like syncing to Outlook, USB sync, etc.  makes them just like all the other smartphones out there and from that standpoint they are about to add a 4th item to Mr. Iacocca's list - 'become superfluous'.

Again I ask BB, why does it have to be one or the other?  I'm not a programmer but I don't understand....you already had the code that allowed that prior funtionality...why dump it???  

I just picked up a new Z10 on May 31st.  I stuck with BB for this functionality and now it turns out they no longer have it.  That's pretty disappointing to say the least.  And it now puts them on par w/ everyone else and thus my loyalty aside I no longer have a reason to stick with BB in the future.  Fool me once........

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

That's just it....they DIDN'T have the code. it's all new code in an entirely new platform. Doesn't mean it isn't important but they didn't have the code in the bread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Tigo

I just got my Z10, updated my Outlook contacts and calendar with BBLink, then found that there was no way to maintain my Outlook and Z10 synchronized...  DISSAPOINTED + FRUSTRATION + DESCEPTION!!!!  

Black Berry, I had many of your phones for the last 5 years, it is a practical business tool and lots of people use Outlook for everyday organization, why the synching tool was taken out?  What kind of user research told that users don't like or need this tool, when you find many blogs all over criticizing and asking for it... 

I have tried to sync over Outlook.com but then I have to manage additional contact and calendars, that is the original MS Outlook contact and calendar account (working mail) plus the Outlook.com account contact and calendar, there is no way (that I'm aware of) to maintain two different Outlook accounts sync.  So this is not a practical, straight forward method.  Should be the same way it was done with BBDesktop.  Why put users in this position if it can be so easy...

BB, please, if you want to give BB Z10 users total versatility, upgrade your BBLink software adding Outlook sync capabilities, it was an added value to BB's, it was just part of BB's, it was one of many reasons lot of people uses, or would have used BB's, otherwise your added value would be alike other smart phones or less... "Make it simple Keep it simple"

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

integraworks wrote:

There is good news.  I have a client who is a very highly placed executive at Blackberry.  I contacted him last night about this issue and he then contacted 'his people'.  There will be an update to the Bberry LINK software in the first week of June that will address the 2-way sync issue with MS Outlook.    Today I spoke with a sr. tech advisor at Bberry and he confirmed this news.  We then went to work on getting the LINK software to identify my iTunes music folder, no luck but they are aware of this issue as well and are working on a fix. 

It is nice to have contacts in high places and even nicer when they are responsive and eager to help.  The tech support department will be checking in with me tomorrow to confirm that these issues are being worked on and that we can all expect a fix in the near future.  

In the mean time, I am very much enjoying the vastly superior input interface and OS...  that iPhone was nothing more than a toy. 

Here we are the first week of June, how about an update integraworks?

New Contributor

David_S wrote:

integraworks wrote:

There is good news.  I have a client who is a very highly placed executive at Blackberry.  I contacted him last night about this issue and he then contacted 'his people'.  There will be an update to the Bberry LINK software in the first week of June that will address the 2-way sync issue with MS Outlook.    Today I spoke with a sr. tech advisor at Bberry and he confirmed this news.  We then went to work on getting the LINK software to identify my iTunes music folder, no luck but they are aware of this issue as well and are working on a fix. 

It is nice to have contacts in high places and even nicer when they are responsive and eager to help.  The tech support department will be checking in with me tomorrow to confirm that these issues are being worked on and that we can all expect a fix in the near future.  

In the mean time, I am very much enjoying the vastly superior input interface and OS...  that iPhone was nothing more than a toy. 

Here we are the first week of June, how about an update integraworks?

Good news!  Any update on OWA? 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

308BB_Bold wrote:
Good news!  Any update on OWA? 

hello,

what does your question mean?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

This is very good news. We are now 3 days in to the first week. We have only 4 days left to go! 

Jerry G.
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

What's interesting here is that we're all a bit perturbed about BlackBerry not making synchronisation with Ms Outlook available on their new BB10 platform. YET... if you look at Android (as I have been doing in case BlackBerry decide to renege on their promise of Outlook two-way sync and BB10 on the PlayBook), there's no Outlook Sync on that platform either! Perhaps that's why, when re-engineering their new OS, BlackBerry decided such a feature wasn't as universally important as other new features they've concentrated on? And maybe the future of Outlook, as an Ms software program, is on a short fuse?