Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,924
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

So, just to repeat, Chrome is not required to download the **unmentioned** file above.

Back to Outlook/Link discussion now...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pnoelw
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodacom

OK. If the browser wars are over..........back to Link and Outlook

Since resolving the non-synching issues everything is going fine with the following exceptions

1. additions made to calendar on the device are not appearing in Outlook. Sync is set to 2-way. device contact additions and deletions are transferred to outlook.

2. On BBLink, device settings page, details section on the top left. the record of last sync always states "Never" although every time i sync, i do get the message "sync completed successfully".

Any thoughts or ideas?

Noel.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andalex
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Make sure that the calendar entries on your device are not made in the Home calendar, only in the BBLink Calendar is used.

You can check it by opening the Calendar app, swiping down from the top edge of the screen and select  Manage.

Uncheck the Home calendar after you verified that it is completely empty. Entries made in the Home calendar will not sync, only the BBLink calendar items.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

pnoelw wrote:

1. additions made to calendar on the device are not appearing in Outlook. Sync is set to 2-way. device contact additions and deletions are transferred to outlook.

In your Hub > three dots > Settings > email accounts > Set Defaults: make certain your correct calendar is selected as the default calendar.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

on IE 9 this is the message you get from Mega on the download:

Internet Explorer 9 is not fully compatible with MEGA

Internet Explorer 9 lacks the HTML5 features MEGA relies on to perform client-side in-browser cryptography. HTML5 file transfers will be emulated through a very limited Flash workaround. Please consider upgrading to a modern browser at your earliest convenience.

No way to get around this that I know of.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JCAC32
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I have dowloaded the new Link software with the synch capability but I am getting an error message stating "An error has occured during an attempt to read a device database field".  What could be causing this?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

bercawd wrote:

on IE 9 this is the message you get from Mega on the download:

Internet Explorer 9 is not fully compatible with MEGA

Internet Explorer 9 lacks the HTML5 features MEGA relies on to perform client-side in-browser cryptography. HTML5 file transfers will be emulated through a very limited Flash workaround. Please consider upgrading to a modern browser at your earliest convenience.

No way to get around this that I know of.

What are you downloading? 

Surely it's not Link, on some Mega site?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

JCAC32 wrote:

I have dowloaded the new Link software with the synch capability but I am getting an error message stating "An error has occured during an attempt to read a device database field".  What could be causing this?

Read this link:

KB31752 "Synchronization Error. An error has occurred during an attempt to update a device database record"

NOT exactly your error, but on Desktop Manager. Check the link and see if any of those workarounds might help you.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JCAC32
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I downloaded Link from the blackberry site.  I am trying to synch Outlook 10

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andalex
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Duplicate contacts on All Contacts view

[ Edited ]

I have been successfully syncing the calendar and contacts using Link 1.1.1.32 and OS 10.1 for  about 2 -3 weeks.

Today I noticed that all my contacts are appearing twice.

I checked the left bottom corner of the screen and ALL Contacts were selected. When I selected the BBLink Folder, which syncs with Outlook, all contacts are appearing once and perfect.

Then I checked every single option (e.g. Favorites, BBM Contacts, BBM Video, LinkedIn, SIM Card) and all these are empty. I checked again, and All Contacts shows duplicate, BBLink folder shows normal list. In ALL CONTACTS view the duplicates only contain the contact name, but nothing else (no address or phone number).

I went into settings and in "Show Account in Contact List" I turned off everything except the BBLink Contacts.

The option below that line is turned off ("Find more contact details").

No change. When I select CONTACTS, it defaults to ALL and I see the duplicates. I cannot identify the source of the duplicates, they disapper as soon as I select the BBLink Contacts.

Any suggestion?

PS. I don't use Facebook or other social networks, only sync with Outlook to the BBLink folder.

Please use plain text.