Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

timber71
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: New Calendar Entry bug

Z10 OS 10.0.9.2372, and I do get the same error.  Using Google Calendar.

When I try to add a new appointment, as soon as I hit the time field, it kicks me out.

If I drop down the calendar button at the top and choose Home (Local Calendar) first, then the error does not occur.

On another note, changes I make locally on my Z10 do not propagate back to my Google Calendar.  Not sure why.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I also noticed this bug...it happens to me as well.  I have OS 10.0.9.2372

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Carrier: Rogers

This is definitely a software issue that doesn't requires a RMA

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Interesting. So we're all on the same OS. The only difference I can see is that I don't have a Google calendar syncing. I have an Exchange calendar from work that I'm syncing.

As you can see, -BD- says there is no need for an RMA. The fix may not be out there yet but that just seemed silly.

There are two versions of the OS floating around out there so it's hard to know who is on what OS at this point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
-BD-

I was able to repo it fairly easily and consistently on 10.0.9.2372.  There is a KB coming shortly. 

There should  be only one version of the OS publically available.  I'm not sure why some people's device says 10.0.9.348 rather than listing the build number of 10.0.9.2372 but it is the same version.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

OK, thanks for the clarification, BD. We've been wondering about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arkaroola
My Carrier: Telus

I was just looking at the point releases trying to figure out why we are talking about different versions and I figured it out.

This is what I am working with : 

Software Release 

OS Version 

When I look at Settings/About/Category  - General - it only reports Software Release (.348)

When I look at Settings/About/Category - OS - it reports Software Release, OS Version and Build ID (415323)

So I was only Looking at the Settings/About/Category - General instead of OS.

learned a couple of new things today - thanks !

Please use plain text.
-BD-

I assume with most people when viewing general it is still showing the OS version of 10.0.9.2372 rather than the SR.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

We're all learning...

On mine, under General I just see "OS Version 10.0.0.2372"
Under OS I see "Software Release No Information Available" and "OS Version 10.0.9.2372" My Build ID is also "415323"

That clears things up. Thanks for posting that!

John
Please use plain text.