Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z20
My Carrier: Vz

New Phone, competitive market, TERRIBLE APPS

I've been a blackberry user since the first Storm came out. I've consistently had a BB and decided to make the switch after my network provider told me that my phone was 3 years outdated. I reluctantly spent $200 on the Z10 only hoping that the stories of terrible Apps did not apply to me because "I'm not an app junkie."

Was I wrong. Something as simple as reading my Ebook has sent me over the WALL enough to post in hopes that someone can give me an answer as to why Apps are so terrible!

I'm beyond frustrated with the LinkedIn app, which is so limiting and childish that I wonder "what professional wants to be caught scrolling on that app?!" The Facebook account... don't get me started, you can't chat on your phone without utilizing the message feature, you can't view or edit events from your app because it opens up into you browser. Twitter... are the developers just assuming that old foggies utilize this phone and so they don't care about the funtionality of their apps?! Come on!!! No Pandora app!?

Although I spent a lot of money, I'm going to start reasearching my next option.

Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: New Phone, competitive market, TERRIBLE APPS

How long Have you had your Z10? Check back where you bought the device to see about exchanging if for a device that better suits your social needs. Usually 2 weeks is the minimum.
My Device: Z20
My Carrier: Vz

Unfortunately I've had my Z10 since about April
Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

That's a long time to keep a device you're unhappy with.  I'd suggest getting it unlocked, sell it on eBay and get yourself something that has all your app needs covered.  Good luck.