Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Device: Z10

Re: New Unlocked Z10, No data & APN Greyed out. Calls work & Text. HELP

That's good to hear. Unfortunately for most this build did not seem to make a difference. I still cannot change the APN as it is still grayed out.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Two separate issues. The ability to edit bit not save was a glitch or a bug.

The greyed out apn settings are working as designed. It's based on your sim card. Unless BlackBerry changes their policy you're not going to find a solution to this since it's not really broken. I've given you the solution for this issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
dejanh

Explain this to me then...If you plug in a SIM card and there is no APN populated, i.e. it is blank, why does the system then not open up the APN setting? This sounds like policy to you? Really?!

Better yet, why is it that one unlocked phone with an APN blank or set has all of the APN settings grayed out, yet another unlocked phone with the same incorrect settings or blank settings has the feature open for editing and saving? Does this really sound to you like it is "by design"?
Contributor
snkpkp

I have had issues trying to connect to BBM with EDGE network and failed even on wifi + EDGE then I installed a 3G SIM and BBM started to work on WIFI but 3G has no DATA because APN settings are greyed out. I tried to load the OS10 261 and that did not help, it still does not let edit the APN, in iOS in ATT they dont let pre paid to use the data on their network and I was able to write a config on iphone utility software and edited the APN settings . I wonder if something similar could be done on the Z10 ?

New Contributor
sickyute
My Device: Z10 Model: STL100-1

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you'll know that I was having the same issue, however I did get it resolved by my service provider.

I brought it in today and had a technician look at it. He was having a bit trouble as everything looked correct on the system. He then passed it on to a more experience tech and he ask the previous guy to remove some service off the sim and reload them and it worked. I didn't ask for the details (which I should have, sorry) but from what gathered while listening, is that he basically wiped the sim clean and started fresh, reprogrammed the phone and it was good to go.

So its not the phone or BlackBerry but your service provider, at least that was the case on my end.

Other Information:

Unlocked phone (bought off amazon)
Model: STL100-1
I previously had a BIS plan and switch to normal data plan

Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook

Hej Dennis, har du loest problemet ved at skifte til andet abonnement?
New Contributor
SuperBilleN

Hej, Ja Telia virker ikke, snakkede også med dem i butikken og de sagde at de aldrig ville låse op for muligheden på deres sim kort. Jeg lånte et sim kort i 3 butikken og så virkede den med det samme. Har nu 3 og de virker. Skriv hvad du finder ud af
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook

Ja men jeg bor i UK og har ingen problemer her, men min god ven har koebt en Z10 i Danmark, og han er pisse glad for den, men han har det samme problem som du havde. Han har Call me, det er vist Telias datterselskab. De gider ikke at yde support, da de ikke saelger den telefon. Jeg har anbefalet ham at ringe til dem, og bestille et nyt simkort, da hans er gammel mikro sim som kom ud foer de havde 4g. Maaske vil det virke. Jeg skal nok skrive hvis det virker

New Contributor
SuperBilleN

Alt hvad der hedder telia virker ikke fortalte de mig. Skift selskab og alt er løst. 

Contributor
resonat

I've got the same problem with a locked APN. Been trying to get help from BB but no luck. It seems that they are aware of the problem but they are ignoring it. 

I don't know what you should do, as I'm in the same situation. The only thing I know is that if I don't get the phone working today, I will return the Z10.  I've waited so long and saved for the unlocked Z10 that I can't believe that its for not.

Please keep up the fight and good luck with your search for a easy solution that doesn't require PhD to resolve.

As for BB, please don't be surprise if you start to lose customers because of this. You are fighting against many other manufactures that don't have this problem.