Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: New Unlocked Z10, No data & APN Greyed out. Calls work & Text. HELP

http://ca.blackberry.com/support.html

Post it on Twitter...and keep posting as long as you're nit getting an answer.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

dejanh wrote:
I don't have one but I'm sure we can find something. You can also try tweeting Alec Saunders on Twitter about this, maybe get some attention around it. As for John's comment above, I heard that story before...nothing wrong with my product it's someone else...ya right. in this case it's absolutely the BlackBerry that is at fault. They are the ones that need to enable modification of the APN. They control the OS and it's functionality. Blaming this on the carriers is just an uneducated copout.

I didn't say there was nothing wrong with it.  I said, it's likely working as they designed it to work and bumping this thread isn't going to get it "fixed."  I never blamed it on the carriers either.  If there is a problem with an apn that is built into the device for a certain carrier you will need to contact that carrier so they can escalate the case to BlackBerry to get it resolved.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chanlo
My Carrier: Three Hong Kong

Guys seriously do the following:

GOTO System Settings, Network Connections, mobile network (at the bottom is APN) click that and change the APN to blackberry.net or the APN used by your supplier which they will happily tell you. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

All that link does is give you the free support options which are this forum, twitter and your carrier.  This forum is peer-to-peer only (with very minimal BlackBerry interaction,) Twitter can get some publicity and might help.  Your carrier is the main support channel where you can reach a BlackBerry Support Technician who can actually solve issues or get items into the que for software updates. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
inffy
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Elisa

chanlo wrote:

GOTO System Settings, Network Connections, mobile network (at the bottom is APN) click that and change the APN to blackberry.net or the APN used by your supplier which they will happily tell you. 

Well I have tested it as I said.

It doesn't save them! And that is the problem. It allows me to change it, but the changes wont save and after clicking save and going back to the APN settings, the defaults are back.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

chanlo wrote:

And for others it's greyed out.  That is the whole point of this thread.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chanlo
My Carrier: Three Hong Kong

it worked for me but i'm not using the blackberry.net one

i'm using the one provided by my service provider.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

That's a fluke. For some reason there are some devices that have this field unlocked (that is not grayed out) and are also able to save the user input values. The other 99% of devices out there cannot change the APN whether unlocked or not.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Inffy, I don't understand your issue. Are your apn settings greyed out and incorrect or are you able to enter the apn but it just won't save? You've talked about both in this thread.

If greyed out that means your provider has them hard-coded to the device. If not greyed out then you should be able to change them. Have you rebooted the device by removing the battery?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

[ Edited ]

dejanh wrote:
That's a fluke. For some reason there are some devices that have this field unlocked (that is not grayed out) and are also able to save the user input values. The other 99% of devices out there cannot change the APN whether unlocked or not.

They are greyed out when you insert a sim card.  If it's greyed out but incorrect then you need to contact your carrier and get the problem escalated to BlackBerry.  This isn't that hard. 

If it's not greyed out then that means the apn is not pre-programmed for the carrier and you should be able to edit it.  If it's able to be edited but won't save then there is a bug of some kind.  That is not working as designed. 

Please use plain text.