Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kubi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

New Z10 locked up / froze !!! ....now extremly slow

Just as the title says , no response from any buttons or touch screen ....held power button down after waiting 10 mins and phone shut off . Restarted phone and extremly slow !!!!!....opens apps very slowly , web pages take longer to open ....and so on

Anyone have this issue....????

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Z10 locked up / froze !!! ....now extremly slow

The best way to restart your phone and clear the cache of any nastiness is, and always will be, to do a battery pull.  I suggest you remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Give it a try and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kubi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Already tried a battery pull , still slow

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I've been waiting for my replacement Z10 due to a battery/charging issue, and in the last day or so I've started experiencing the freezing up like yours ... pulling the battery and WAITING a few minutes before reinstalling it seems to have it  running as normal.

My only guess is waiting a few minutes without the battery lets any residual charge bleed out.

The only thing this is making me notice now is just how SLOW the boot up is on this phone ... hopefully the OS update will speed this up amoung other issues.

Please use plain text.