Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
TBeach558
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

New Z10 - set up is hanging after installing new software update

I've just purchased a new Z10 on the Orange network and got to the early stage of the set-up process when it checked for any new versions of the software. These were installed OK and the phone did an automatic re-start. Now it goes into its Software Update - Checking for Updates cycle but just seems to hang i.e. nearly an hour now. How long does this usually take? Not impressed so far.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: New Z10 - set up is hanging after installing new software update

Do you have a wifi network connected? If so, can you try a different wifi network?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TBeach558

Yes, no issues with wi-fi as it connected OK as one of the first steps in the set-up process and then used that to check for software updates. Once downloaded and installed, it did an automatic re-start and it's since then the phone just hangs when checking again for software updates.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TBeach558

Sorted it myself - but something you wouldn't expect to happen!

I had the power lead plugged in via the USB port as the instruction was to ensure power was connected whilst doing the updated software installation. On the auto re-start afterwards, because the USB power lead was still connected, it must have being trying to use that connection rather than the wi-fi. I removed the USB lead and the set-up completed OK. Pure luck but odd that this happened in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Glad it's sorted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jafri
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Wind

New Z10 - set up is hanging after installing new software update

I also just purchased new Z10 and using wifi connectivity updated the new software update. Now the phone is not re-stating, the screen is showing BB sign in a cube for more than an hour. Also tried hard reset by removing battery but phone still stuck. What I have to do? Also not impressed at all.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Use BlackBerry Link software to reinstall the OS. If you didn't make a backup you may lose some data, though.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jafri
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Wind

Can you send me the link “How to reinstall the OS”? I installed BlackBerry Desktop software on my computer but it is not connecting the Z-10 (Device)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Jafri wrote:

Can you send me the link “How to reinstall the OS”? I installed BlackBerry Desktop software on my computer but it is not connecting the Z-10 (Device)

For the BB10 you need to use BlackBerry Link to sync and re-install to OS

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.