Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kodiakken
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

New Z10 user

Just got my new Z10.  I entered my email address incorrectly under my blackberry ID Usename.  How in the world do I change this and correct it.

It calls to do a wipe??  What and How do i do this?

Thanks for any help Ken.

Trusted Contributor
radsystems
My Device: BlackBerry

Re: New Z10 user

Yes unfortunately a security wipe must be performed to change the BlackBerry ID. It’s easy to do but you will lose all data on the phone, which shouldn’t be a problem if you’ve only just got it.

Anyway to do a security wipe just follow the instructions here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

New Contributor
kodiakken
My Device: Z10

Will this Wipe delete all of my contacts?
New Contributor
Digiman63
My Device: Blazckberry Z10

Yes!
Trusted Contributor
radsystems

All data on the phone will be deleted, and reset to the default factory settings. When the Security Wipe process is complete, the phone will reboot to the initial Setup Wizard.

However, no data is deleted from the SIM or Micro SD card.

Trusted Contributor
radsystems

In addition, you can use http://www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryLink to backup and restore your data, or transfer data from another BlackBerry device.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

With the Link software make a backup of the phone. Then do the security wipe.  You can then restore the data with the Link software.

If you have a Hotmail account, you can sync the phone to your Hotmail account. You can then have Hotmail put back all your contacts.

Jerry G.