Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
GarethWaterman
My Device: Z10

New Z10 won't open BBM...

[ Edited ]

My new Z10 won't open BBM.  It sits with the spinner saying 'opening BBM'.  I've tried logging in afresh to my BlackBerry ID but to no avail.

I should also mention that anything I try to do involving the ID is terribly slow.  I had to create my ID on my iMac because the Blackberry ID app wouldn't recognise my WiFi even though it was working fine (connected OK, let me use browser etc.).  Also, connecting to my ID takes several minutes and I have to open my browser and go back to the ID app to force it to work!

GW
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,932
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Z10 won't open BBM...

Have you removed the battery while the device is powered on?

Has BBM opened & worked for you in the past.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GarethWaterman

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply JS, I appreciate it. However, I've only just put the battery in as I'm going through all the initial set-up stuff now. I haven't used BBM before (new 'phone, new-to-Blackberry user!).  Oh and it's just come back with an error saying I need to be connected, grrrr.  (I am, btw lol)

GW
Please use plain text.
JSanders

OK, sorry for the delay.

Were you able to enter the BlackBerryID with no issues?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GarethWaterman

I did eventually (literally hours later) get BBM to work. Shame it took hours to get the BBID in the first place, and shame that I can't always access BBW for some reason. Not sure why the only things that differentiate BlackBerrys are the ones that don't seem to work consistently. Add to that the fact that I can't add Evernote as an account and I think the Z10's going back to the store...
GW
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You leave me guessing... why can't you add Evernote as an account?

It works great for me on the Z10.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GarethWaterman

I have no idea why it doesn't work. It seems like anything that relies on Blackberry itself (via the ID) is unreliable. I've just spent another half hour trying simply to download an app from BBW (unsuccessfully).

Evernote appears in the list of accounts but when I click it I get the spinner for ten minutes before it dies. A couple of times I've reached the log-in page but I can't move forward from this.

It's very odd, I would blame the relationship with my WiFi but the browser and e.mails are working fine.
GW
Please use plain text.
JSanders

GarethWaterman wrote:
 A couple of times I've reached the log-in page but I can't move forward from this.

Can't move forward, in what way? What does that mean?

GarethWaterman wrote:

It's very odd, I would blame the relationship with my WiFi but the browser and e.mails are working fine.

That could be a clue. Could you please go to your settings > Wifi and disconnect from WiFi and try your AppWorld and Evernote setup again (while NO wifi connection is on)?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GarethWaterman

Thanks for the help JS, I do appreciate it. However, according to my Vodafone guy, the problem resides in me having a 'normal' price plan and not a Blackberry-specific on (not sure how that affects it but I'll take his word for it). However (and even if that works) I'm still not happy about the bodgey work-around to make Evernote work on the Z10, so the phone's going back.

It's a shame as I was looking forward to having something a bit different (too many Apple products in our house already!) but one lives and learns I guess. I'll swap it for the iPhone 5 or the XPeria Z (so do let me know quick if you think either of those is rubbish lol).
GW
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Your vodafone guy us wrong, on the z10 you no longer need a BlackBerry specific data plan like the former BIS plan.

As to the dodgey workaround for Evernote, what is that workaround? There's nothing special there to workaround, enter your credentials and it works.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.