Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
GabbyChavela
My Device: z10
My Carrier: claro

New Z10 won't recognize network-wifi or any internet conection

I just got my new BB z10 im so excited, but then i try to get online, and it wont allow me, it recognizes the network, and in the settings it is conected to the 3g network provider, but when i log in on face-twitter-browser - etc,  it wont log in... i also try with my home wifi conection and it logs in successfully, but shows the same problem doesnt log in on any webpage...

Once it also show me the message "your device is connected to a network, but the internet service is not available, Check your network settings" i did!! and it shows like is if it conected :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: New Z10 won't recognize network-wifi or any internet conection

Please check the connection again.

Are you getting the connection as "3g" or "3G". Make sure that ou are getting the 3G in capital. Ensurew with your data operator that your data services are on and check if the APN settings are correct.

On wifi, do you get a blackberry logo next to the wifi logo on the home screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GabbyChavela

yes, it shows on "Network Mode" as 3G&2G

but then in the bottom it show the "Claro HND" -> which is the company im using it with and underneath those words it shows "3g" just like that.

and yes i get the wifi logo on the home screen.

can it possibly be something of the phone? or its definetely a data operator problem?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight

if you are getting "3g" on your homescreen and not "3G", then eitther there is a problem with your network (no data subscripton) or with your APN settings.

Confirm if you are getting the blackberry logo next to the wifi logo, when on wifi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight

IMG_00000160.png

Check out the logo next to the wifi

When not on wifi a similar logo will be next to "3G"

The g has to be in upper case

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GabbyChavela

no im not getting the BB logo, neither on wifi conection or 3G conection

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GabbyChavela

and yes, on the homescreen it shows 3G in upper case

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight

Try switching off the mobile netwoork and use the device only over wifi. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight

Also check if other devices are working on the wifi connection

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GabbyChavela

ok i did it, and restart the phone, still no BB logo and i was only using wifi... tried to log in to twitter and it says, "Your device is connected to a network, but the internet service is not available. Check your network settings" ...(im writing on my computer using the same wifi connection) >.<  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.