Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
johnyone
My Device: Bold, Torch 9800, Z10

New email/ text message icon

When new texts or emails received the notification LED flashes for a few minutes and an asterix appears above the appropriate envelope on the lock screen. However this asterisk also seems to dissapear after a few minutes so if the LED is not seen flashing and the asterisk has dissapeared the phone has to be unlocked to check messages - quite a bind as I use a password. This is a recent phenomena which the latest update seems to have made worse. Any advice appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: New email/ text message icon

Hello,

Please clarify, you have posted in the Z10 section of this site, your profile says "Torch 9800", and your actual post does not make any mention of any specific device. Please provide your specific device model number as well as specific OS level so that we can be sure you receive the proper attention:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnyone
My Device: Bold, Torch 9800, Z10

Re: New email/ text message icon

Phone - Z10 Model STL 100-2 Current software release 10.1.0.4181. Hope that enables someone to help. Originally the asterisk against the email/text icon remained untill the Hub view was opened, now they generally just dissapeare after a few mins. Although a new text or email may be waiting for me there is nothing to indicate that this is the case. Frustrating!
Please use plain text.