Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

swirly999
My Device: z10

No New Voicemail Notification

[ Edited ]

I have the blackberry z10 and it doesn't display the voicemail icon or let me know in the BB hub when I have a new voicemail. I read somewhere that this issue might be related to night mode so I reset the phone and stopped using that but no luck. I also went into my voicemail settings to make sure message waiting indicator was on and it indeed was. I looked back to see if anyone else is having this issue and I see a lot of people who can't make the icon go away but I am not able to make it show up.

Would love any help.

My service provider is verizon.

Thanks,

Scott 

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: No New Voicemail Notification

Hello Scott and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Voice Mail indicator.

Since Voice Mail is a carrier controlled feature, it's advised you call your service provider, in the case Verizon, to further investigate.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
eglegal
My Device: Z10

I have the same issue.  I have been to my service provider and they say it is a problem with the handset. 

eglegal.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you completely set up the new voice mail? it wont work until you do.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
eglegal
My Device: Z10

Thanks for your reply knottyrope. I did set up voicemail when I got the phone and I was getting notifications in the hub. Then after I updated I stopped getting the notifications. I don't know if its related to that but that's the only change I made.
bb63
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I am having this same problem: I downloaded a software update last week and started using the bedside mode at about the same time, then realized today that I have not been getting new voicemail notifications since then. I tried restarting the phone a few minutes ago (and haven't engaged bedside mode sinc) but that did not fix the problem - still not getting a new voicemail notification.

Did you end up resolving this issue? If so, how?

Denny_Crane
My Device: Q10

[ Edited ]

Wasn't working for me either. Went here:

HUB > Settings > HUB Management > Voicemail > Show in HUB Only

I had it as Show in both which I assumed would include the HUB. Guess not. HUB Only seems to have solved my problem.

jettaa2vr6
My Device: BBZ10

Hi Everyone,

you have to go in VM options and activate VM notification.

1- option #4

2- option #1

Regular Contributor
TheSand
My Device: Z30 BES 10

I just realized that both our new Z30's were not receiving any voice mails.

I needed to set up a Visual Voice Mail code in order to receive Voice Mail notification. What was odd is I kept getting a pop up window asking for my Visual Voice Mail numeric password - I don't have a voice mail numeric password. 

I went ahead and called Voice Mail and went into administrative options and "changed" (thankfully it didn't prompt me for my current password because as I mentioned I have never had one.)  After setting up the numeric password on the phone the BlackBerry prompted me to enter it in (a pop up window appears asking for the Visual Voice Mail Password.) I entered the new numeric code in and now we are both (I did this for both devices) receiving Voice Mail notifications. 

We are both on AT&T