Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

No contacts when accessing contacts from Phone screen

[ Edited ]

On a Z10 when accessing contacts from the Phone screen where you have the selection blocks at the bottom for handset, contact and keypad.

I believe this is also the reason the caller id does not resolve the name for incomming calls.

I can however from the home screen go to contacts and from there dial any existing contact.

I would appreciate some feedback on this as it is not only incoming calls that the names does not resolve but also the fact that from the phone screen choosing contacts does not return any existing contacts

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: No contacts when accessing contacts from Phone screen

Hey jthuynsma,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 are you currently using?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.  When was the last time you saw all your contacts under the phone application?  If you restart the BlackBerry Z10 do you see the contacts re-appearing?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi I do not have the phone with me but I believe it to be the latest ver with .99 at the end.

Last week Monday night was the last time the phone was updated a week before to the latest verion because of a problem we had with Bluetooth and the phone not ringing.

We have restarted the phone and it did not change anything.

When dailing out from the contacts in the main screen it does show the name in the call register.

So I am not sure if it has to do with the multiple contacts books ie. Facebook, exchange and phone.

I have removed all records for a spesific number called the z10 from it and then saved the number as it displayed to ensure there are not conflicting entries in the Z10 then when I called again it still dd not resolve the name.

This phone is not mine but one of the Directors in our company , I use a 9900 and are trying to assist this user with her Z10, I will bide my time until I have figured out all the little glitches before I take a Z10

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey jthuynsma,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this user activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server?  If so, the user might be affected by this: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33743

I would also suggest resetting the phone application which can be done by opening the phone application and swipe diagonally 3 or 4 times slowly from the top right corner.  Once done, re-open the phone application.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I will try the swipe seeing her in an hour no we are not using Enterprise server she used to have BIS but on the Z10 that is not availible.

Will keep you up to date if it worked but that should also reset when pulling the battery and we have tried that

Jan

New Contributor

I have tried the swipe from the top right diagonal but it caused no action.

New Contributor

Software version Z10  10.0.10.99

New Contributor

Please can you explain the
"I would also suggest resetting the phone application which can be done by opening the phone application and swipe diagonally 3 or 4 times slowly from the top right corner. Once done, re-open the phone application."
I have tried this but it does not perform any action.