Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

No sound on Video recording

[ Edited ]

So much knowledge on this thread I'm hoping someone can help..  I'm trying to record video but I'm getting no sound what-so-ever. Video is perfect but absolutely no sound. I tried creating a voice note in "Remember" and same thing..  no sound..  I've tried the mute button and it doesn't make a difference, nor do the volume up/down buttons..  It has worked in the past because I took some video in late March and it worked fine.. I should also mention I tried calling my home # just to make sure the mic was working and no problem there either...    I'm stumped ??

Trusted Contributor

Re: No sound on Video recording

So I just tried something I probably should have tried before posting but lesson learned and hopefully this helps the next person..   I did a battery pull and all is back to normal...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

My first answer is do a restart of the device. Sometimes with any device, something just doesn't play nice and a restart can usually sort it out. Thanks for letting everyone know how you resolved your issue. You may want to mark this solved. cheers

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Lucy... That's usually my first "fix" attempt..  Not sure why I didn't this time but better late than never as they say..  

Contributor
My Carrier: maxis

Hii..I have a problem when recording video since upgrade to 10.2 .I only can hear the video sound by using the headset, and record video using headset too. Was this a speaker problem? But i can record voice note without having any problem, and the sound is clear enough. Is anyone there that can help me to fix this. Tq.
Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I just discovered the same issue today. i did the batt reboot but no chnage. No audio with video recording.

any other ideas. i have gone through every setting thinking that maybe there is an option to record wothout sound but nothing.

thanks

eric

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

I would love to find an answer too!    I have no audio recorded for videos, voice notes or remember, unless I plug in the external earphones/ microphone!     All record ok that way, by supplying an external microphone!!!!   I tapped the external microphone to prove where the audio was being recorded from and it is certainly being recorded on the externals>>

When I unlpug the headset then back to almost  Zero sound being recorded!   Is this a fixable thing ?   Makes me think that there is 2 built in microphones . One for making phone calls and the other one for  voice notes and videos etc>

Can a technician reply please with the answer

THanks

wc54

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

I have tapped the top right of my cell phone and then listened to the recordings!  ITs for sure where the microphone is located for voice notes!   I hear the tapping scraping sounds  out the main speaker.  Perhaps water etc can be drawn in

through the tiny hole and just be enough to damage the little microphone inside!  Even rain could get inside at that point.

Can anyone supply a copy of diagrams showing the microphones at the top and what board they are mounted to IE: main board??

The only thing that makes the sound work is plugging in a headset

Starting to think that its not a firmware problem?

Comments anyone!

wc54