Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
JKNorth
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Not able to add iCloud CalDAV

Hi,

Whenever I try to add an iCloud account I receive the following error:

"Your e-mail account was successfully added. Your contacts account has already been added. At this time, the caldav.icloud.com server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added. Please try again later."

This is similar to the already reported issue with Google CalDAV in KB33458.

In the case of Google there is a workaround using ActiveSync.

Is there anything else I can do to get my iCloud calendars up and running? I switched from an iPhone to the Z10 believing I would be able to sync with iCloud.

Has this problem been reported in relation to iCloud as well as Google? Is it being investigated?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicslou
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Not able to add iCloud CalDAV

I've been trying for a week to get my calendar and notes synced.  No response from BB or Bell on this issue.  Does anyone have a logical/efficient work around.  Hung on for z10 release and I'm about set to give up on BB - looking for ray of hope on this please :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JKNorth
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

No response yet. I sent some logs to BlackBerry a couple of days ago, no response. What I've done in the mean time is setup ActiveSync Exchange access to Outlook.com on my other devices. That gives my Apple devices access to see what my BB is up to. Unfortunately, that's not a proper solution, so what I've done is go back to the iPhone. Hopefully BlackBerry will get this fixed, and I can take my Z10 out of the desk drawer.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey JKNorth,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

We are currently investigating this issue and I would suggest contacting your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry and provide some logs.  The more logs the better.

I appreciate your patience, we do not have a current work-around right now.

Thanks.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

what the hell??? I am getting this thread for some strange reason but its intersting to see that BB is participating directly.  Why here and not where your customers are dealing with acceptance issues that are crucial to your survival... Unreal.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

what the hell??? I am getting this thread for some strange reason but its intersting to see that BB is participating directly.  Why here and not where your customers are dealing with acceptance issues that are crucial to your survival... Unreal.

The technical adviser may have noticed an issue they weren't aware of, hence requesting this user's logs, etc., might help them investigate and resolve an issue that has gotten bigger yet.

The issue you speak of (no wired Z10 <> Desktop Outlook sync) is pretty widely known already and the issue has had acknowledgement by BlackBerry already... It's been posted directly in the other thread you speak of.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prokopy
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

When I set mine up, I did it through the Email, Calendar and Contacts option when adding an account.  It worked for me.  All my calendars and contacts have two sync with the z10 and icloud.

Which email address are you trying to set it up with @icloud.com, @me.com, @mac.com

I used my @me.com

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicslou

I've tried both me.com and icloud.com and they both sync contacts now but not the calendar.  I get "your email and contacts were successfully added.  At this time, the caldav icloud.com server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added.  Please try again later." 

I've deleted both accounts 4 times and re-entered the account and each time get the same message.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello nicslou,

just to make sure there is no issue on your iCal account, can you try installing that calendar in something else than the Z10?

For example Mozilla Thunderbird? If it does not work, maybe there is an issue within iCloud for your account, since it seems to work for prokopy.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicslou

Thanks for the suggestion.  I do get the calendar linking on my ipad and had no problem getting it to Thunderbird.  Even if I could manually move it to the phone for now until BB gets its act together?

Please use plain text.