Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ststere
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Not all contacts sync with gmail. How can i set Z10 to save new contacts in gmail contacts by default?

hello,

I find something very incomfortable with the Z10. It appears to be a great phone but has lot of "missed" things when comming to software.

For example, I want to keep all my contacts in gmail contacts also. I added account for mail, calendar and contacts the gmail.com address, I selected to sync every 15 minutes. Then I went to contacts settings and selected to show only gmail and sim contacts (so it's enabled, yes).

The problem is, I have about 340 contacts in gmail contacts. I can see them in my phone, I can see them in gmail also. On the phone however I have 368 contacts. 340 from gmail and another 28 are the ones I added newly, in the Z10. Those are saved in Z10 phone memory. They are not sync with gmail at all. All new contacts which I save are saved in phone, not gmail. I can't sync them.

Any option to make contacts to save directly in Gmail by default? If I remove the gmail account from Z10, I can see only the 28 contacts on phone memory. How can I make them all to sync and everytime I add a contact I want to add it to gmail also... help will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

Re: Not all contacts sync with gmail. How can i set Z10 to save new contacts in gmail contacts by default?

[ Edited ]

Agreed. This is one of my few peeves with BB 10.

Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Not all contacts sync with gmail. How can i set Z10 to save new contacts in gmail contacts by default?

Easy.

Open your Settings (swipe down from the top bezel) > Accounts.

At the bottom of the screen, touch the "defaults" icon and set the gmail account as your default

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
ststere
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hello

Actually i tried this but at defaults i can select only default account for email and calendar. However the vcard contacts gmail account is added and working but cannot select it as default, don't have this option.
JSanders

Ok, that's right.

When you create a new entry, make sure you are in the Gmail tab of your Contacts apps.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sanketgroup
My Device: Z10

i have same issue.

i cannot sync local z10 contacts to gmail.

many contacts are stored in local z10 memory. i need to send(sync) them to gmail.

JSanders

You'll need to enter those "Local" stored contacts to your Gmail account. How many do you have stored as "local" on the #Z10?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sanketgroup

I have around 350 contacts stored as in local Z10 memory.
JSanders

hmmm.... You shoudl consider getting an app from AppWorld to export those, to a CSV or other type file, and then importing into your GMail account.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sanketgroup

sad with BB, they should fix this.....